I can't f*&%ing coach this sh$%

Coach must have been influenced by the Yankees fans in the Bronx

1 Like

you can hear a lot worse on late-night cable (like comedy central).

is it really a big deal?

you can hear a lot worse at my house . . . you can heat a lot worse from some of the fans in my area (and in my group)

Is this really a thing?

10 Likes

It is when is the head coach talking about his own team

1 Like

i think he said it like someone says " i can’t make this up"

3 Likes

I agree. I think it was a statement about the mistakes, dropped passes, boners, etc.

You can have the best game plan in the world, but it goes nowhere without execution.

Lack of concentration, lack of effort, lack of thinking all lead to lack of execution.

Since most of us are college-educated, I thought this was pretty clear.

And even if that wasn’t his intent, put on your big boy pants and get over it–coach used potty words–so what?

19 Likes

I thought it was candid, but I’m not going to come to a conclusion. What was the context?

Just a candid moment that will not be forgotten anytime soon.

I like the passion.

11 Likes

What do boners have to do with football?

2 Likes

If i’m not mistaken he said this just after team came off the field when his son threw a paas after running 5 yards past the line of scrimmage.

1 Like

ANYONE that is upset with that NEVER played competitive sports past pre-K. I heard much worse than that today at my sons baseball game.

10 Likes

Let it go, if you’ve ever played sports you’ve heard worse, way to go Duarte for making it a thing.

3 Likes

Right. Saban and other coaches say the same kinds of things. Some staffs say that kind of thing directly to players, reeming them inside-out. I’ll never forget how furiously Stoops’ staff chewed on players. Just laughable that this would even be brought up.

4 Likes

I have liked Duarte but he seems to have an issue with CDH. I am guess Duarte must not like the access or interviews he gets.

3 Likes

Makes sense. Cause Duarte retweeted all of Justin Murphys comments too.

2 Likes

When 81 had the ball hit him in both hands, no one around him, and he dropped it was when coach had his outburst. My interpretation was that if 81 could not make a catch that was so easy he was un-coachable.

3 Likes

I just saw the post game. Sad, Duarte is trying to make a thing about it. Someone send Duarte a T-shirt that says “Get Over It”.

4 Likes

Tight ends?

2 Likes

Funny as Hell. So many people in college being petted and stroked and told the World really loves them no matter what.

This is the kind of language that you hear from department heads and in corporate strategy meetings.

For better or worse these guys better start executing or they’re gonna get a double-dose of it.

I guess Holgorsen didn’t get the “tank it” memo.

6 Likes

Sons coach reamed him a new one for swinging at ball in the dirt today
part of the game, if you can’t handle or deal with it DO NOT play sports past HS
it’s not for everyone

4 Likes

I can’t imagine the writer covering UH football not reporting on what the mic picked up today, or not reporting on the Murphy comments. It’s his job.

7 Likes