I could see this UH basketball team going undefeated at home again

Again, where did I say “Making It”???

Houston lost two of it’s top three players from last year. Cincy lost three of it’s top four. UCF was returning 7 of it’s top 8 players. Probably as simple as that.

1 Like

We will see, I still say they will be wrong on that.

Just curious. Have you watched any UCF games? Know any of the players? Or you just going off a gut instinct that UH is the best because you have seen UH play?

“making it seem like they’ve flopped or something this year” is how I read your post. You effectively indicated that you’ve been proven right by thinking the people who picked UCF to win the conference were wrong when we haven’t played a single conference game. I found this kind of perplexing considering that UCF has had a fairly solid start to the season, though probably slightly below expectations and a little worse than ours and Cincy’s. They are 3 points from being undefeated right now. I guess if you are saying that UCF would not be the favorite to win the conference if polled today, then that is probably right.

This is my last post on this. I guess I didn’t and still don’t understand what your point was but I’m not that interested in it anymore honestly (and I don’t mean that condescendingly, though it probably seems that way).

Who said UH is the best??? I feel this team is a lot better than some of you guys are giving it credit for.

you are adding words I never said. I don’t have to agree with what others said. So should we just pack it in because the analysis say UCF is great and will win conference???..That is how I read your post!

Yes you do, stop lying to yourself…if you say such, you mean it that way. I don’t care what you mean…it is your opinion, not fact, just like mine is opinion not fact. That is what is great about America, You don’t have to agree for anyone to be right or wrong, I respectfully disagree with your post, that is all…

I fully agree. It could be the key to our season. Hopefully Deeky will help a lot in this department.

Go Coogs!

1 Like

We better not overlook Tulsa. They have a couple of good home wins against OKST and #16 KSU. Looks like they’ll be tough to beat at home.

3 Likes

You all are replying like I said we would go undefeated in all of our games when I just said at home. I think we can take care of business on the home court but I can see us dropping a couple of road games. I see us losing against Cincy on the road and without looking at the schedule can see us dropping another. If we take care of business at Fertitta Center we will be in good shape in the conference championship hunt.

I’ll add my 2 cents to the AAC Pre-Season polls. Yes they had UCF as #1, UC #2, UH #3 etc. But if you look at the voting (basically just writers who cover the Conf) the voting was very close. It wasn’t like it was huge gap in total pts the top 3 received. Most on here know I’m sure your awarded pts depending on where ea voter selected you to finish. So there were many who prob picked UH #1 or #2 but in the end when final votes were counted and pts given they fell at #3 which is about where most expected and as we know they can still finish #3 , last I checked Conf play had not started. As already mentioned here UCF top 2 players(Taco Fall, B.J.Taylor) were injured last year for most of season n both are back so I say that had lot to do w picking them #1 and where they could definitely end up. I ended spending 3 cents on this but jmo.

1 Like

As CKS says you going to lose some gms everybody does. I’ll go w they will lose 3 gms at home this yr non conf incld. It just happens when you don’t expect it.

To further substantiate my point here is total pts ea School received in pre season polls:

1. UCF – 111 pts ( 6- 1st place votes)
  2. UC – 107 pts ( 3 – 1st place votes)
  3. UH – 103 pts ( 2 - 1st place votes)
    So very close voting and no slight given to any of these three teams.
1 Like

Well, as the polly prez, OF COURSE I think that we’re going to go undefeated at home.

GO COOGS!!!

1 Like

I just hope when we do lose a game or a few people dont act like the sky is falling lol

4 Likes

Good luck with that !

4 Likes

The last time a team went undefeated was Indiana in 1976.

We are not going undefeated in the whole schedule this year. We won all of our home games last year. If the team can continue to play like this then I can see us winning all of our home games again with the only losses on the road. I definitely don’t see us losing three games at home. We will see how the Coogs do against LSU and Utah State.

Noted. #3LossesAtHome