I do not remember

I do not recall a transfer here from a P5 school that was eventually drafted out of UH
Only juco’s or from NAIA Do any one of you do?

It’s not like we’ve had so many players drafted, seems like something easy to look up. Tell us what you find.

I don’t think he played football at UA but I’m gonna go Fendi Onubon

2 Likes

Took more time for you to tell someone else to look it up than it would’ve for you to look it up

Not really. A ten second reply. Adding this ten seconds makes it 20. Much faster than researching.

Speech to text rocks.

Elandon Roberts transferred from morgan state, an fcs school

5 Likes

Pretty sure Kyle Allen was drafted…and feel certain that Marcus Jones and the Anderson kid from Ole Miss will be drafted when their time comes…

2 Likes

Kyle Allen wasn’t drafted and Marcus Jones isn’t a P5 transfer.

I could see Anderson getting drafted.

Kyle Allen was a udfa

The reason I pointed to this stat was to make my point that P5 transfers were rejects and should not be given a chance in Houston other than special cases.I’d rather have a juco or a lower tier transfer that had excelled on his level than take an under performing P5 player

we have had many excellent players, that have contributed to the team as producers across the board at different positions and very few have been drafted.
p5 transfers don’t have to be nfl caliber players to bring benefits to the team.

4 Likes

3 counter points to that is;

1. why look at it from a bubble, we aren’t the only team in the nation. from our league alone there are regularly drafted p5 transfers… Half of ucf and smu draft picks in recent years were p5 transfers. if those drafted transfers that went to ucf and smu wanted to come to Houston, should we pass on them?

2. we average 2 draft picks a year for the last 5 years, 1 every 2 years for the 20 years prior to that… we roster 85 players a year, play about 44. wins or losses aren’t going to be defined by 2 or 3 players (especially if they aren’t qb)… dj hayden was the only player on the entire 2011 roster to get drafted, and we didn’t win games by defense. chance allen was our #2 WR on our 2015 13-1 team (oregon transfer)

3. while i dont agree with your premise that we shouldn’t take transfers from p5, 3 years ago a point could have been made that underperforming p5 transfer mostly dont end up being stars, odds are likely theyll just be role players . a large part of that is because you had to fall really far down the depth chart for multiple years to willing be a transfer with the old rules; sitting out, before waivers became easily accessible and coaches could block where you could go… thats changed now, with immediate eligibility players are transferring for the littlest reasons… It’s not just rejects in the portal anymore

• our future shouldn’t be avoiding p5 transfers but the exact opposite,we should embrace p5 transfers with the new rules…i noted this before, there is an nfl cb from the houston area that was a 5star that went to bama. he was deep bench till his senior year where he “waited for his turn”. those days are over no 5star is waiting 2-3 years anymore … we can build elite rosters out the portal, were we couldn’t before with hs kids who want p5
1 Like

Up to now we had 5 and 4 star transfers from p5 and our 2 star high-school student athletes performed better.The same goes with jucos(w.Jackson) or transfers (Roberts) from lower tier schools.But I am willing to see whether the new rules will change that trend

Truth is that some of our 2 star HS student athletes left the team while some others advanced to starter status. With the new rules, I would expect that transfers will soon make up nearly half of our roster - so we better get used to it.

1 Like

that isnt true… you are highlighting only the great 2 stars, and pretending the bad ones dont exist… before the transfer landscape started changing 2 years ago, we got about 2 or 3 p5 transfers a year and 20-ish 2star or low 3star…the majority of the 2star/3star dont work out… 90% of the p5 transfers who made it through the sitout year were contributors…markeith ambles, chance allen, duke catalon, kyle allen, deontay anderson, Gio Pancotti, shane ros, gavin stansbury, Nick Watkins… the overwhelming majority of p5 transfers were impact players for us… the biggest detriment was not losing them in the sitout for whatever reason, which was surprisingly common…but the sitout year no longer exists

1 Like

Everyone can be a contributor that means nothing.I expect them to be top performers I don’t think anyone of these guys had such a career in Houston. Most of them I assume they come with the attitude that it will be a walk in the park.UH is not lower tier than P5 schools unfortunately we don’t play them often enough

1 Like

THIS WILL AGE ME REAL QUICK, BUT THE 1956
TEAM WAS A GOOD ONE. BILL MEEK WAS THE
HEAD COACH. WE LOST TO #1 AUBURN AND
SOME OTHER RANKED TEAM. WE HAD A VERY
GOOD TEAM. THREE OF THE BEST FB ONE OUR
TEAM. ALL PLAYED PRO BALL. WE USUALLY PLAYED A&M, BAYLOR, TT IN THOSE DAYS.

1 Like