I hope we play Texas in my lifetime

I invite all you younger Coogs to go to the site entitled _Classic Stories and UH History, _ read some of our history. You will then understand a lot more!

2 Likes

I may be in the minority here, but I’m indifferent if we ever play those two or any other Texas school ever again. It is fine playing TxTech every once in awhile and Rice because they’re in Houston. The other schools don’t want to play us? Who cares. We’ve been out of the SWC now longer than we were in it. We never had any true rivalries with those schools, not like among themselves.

Our future lies elsewhere, not with those schools. IMO

6 Likes

I want to play them just to prove we’re better than them. I’m so tired of Horns and Aggiest acting like they’re better. I just want solid evidence one way or the other.

1 Like

Seriously, Texas has the money to out cheat just about any other program in Texas…but kid yourself not…the Aggies are just as kind with their money when it comes to athletes…

1 Like

UT and A&M are not planning to play each other, not even the bowl game. That has to happen first before they’ll play us.

And you think beating them on the FB field will change that …>Ha !!!

1 Like

a$m is really kind with their money for coaches…reminds me of a swirling toilet !!!

Down the tubes…no matter the coach, the aggies will always be aggies !!

Looking back at my post, I was unclear. You’re right that Ags and Horns will always think they’re better. I couldn’t care less what they think. I just want to have proof on the field to rebuff their mockery and condescension.

1 Like

Thinking back to my working career, I always tell them that I had to terminate ags as well as horns !!

Always pisses them off !!

5 Likes

When they get condescending just remind them we will play anytime but they are the cowards that are afraid to play us.

2 Likes

I think you need to change the language. We didn’t screw up anything or anyone.

2 Likes

I agree the memphis& Navy games are really growing on me. I would take those. In time hopefully those will grow in national exposure.

3 Likes

TRUE STORY - I remember sharing an office with a tea-sip in my first job (upon graduation from UH) at a CPA firm in January 1975. This ut-austin alumnus told me at least once a week how great a school that ut-austin was, and how he was even a recognized “teaching assistant” up there during his junior and senior years.

Then right after we both took the CPA exam in November, 1975 and got our results, he asked my how I did? So I told him that I passed all four parts and asked him how he did. He looked surprised and said, no really, how did you do? And then he added that only 1% of the people in country passed all four parts of the CPA exam at the first sitting. Now that’s when I realized that this “self-professed mighty longhorn alumnus and teaching assistant” had failed one or more parts of the CPA exam. (He had passed 2 parts and failed 2 parts.)

So I simply told him if he had had an opportunity to attend a top flight school like the University of Houston, then he too could have passed the CPA exam in just one sitting. Funny thing is I never ever heard any more comments from him about ut-austin.

13 Likes

I thought so but I was asking Mooncoog cause he said we screwed the pooch. There’re no reason other than delusional entitlement that any Texas school shouldn’t play us.

I have one also. Junior year, I was in summer school EE class, numerical statistical analysis (or some such name). Small class, 15 people. Two young guys in front of me said they were ut students and were taking this class because it was too hard @ ut and they could pick up an easy A @ UH. I told them that if the guy teaching the class was who I thought, it would be anything but easy.

When he entered the room, I told them, they better drop the class…they laughed.

When final grades were posted…both FAILED !!! (only ones in the class to fail)

I’m sure they changed majors to Gender Studies !!

5 Likes

I was sticking with the original post “I hope we play Texas” for my rant. F&@% A&M too.

UH screwed up with Bleachergate.

UH has had some pretty pathetic administrations and the one during that episode was probably among the worst.

Extremely shortsighted with some long term damage as a result.

And UH’s series record against UT is prettt lopsided in their favor. So as far as they are concerned they already proved they are better. That doesn’t mean they would necessarily win now, though.

It wasn’t lopsided when Yeoman and Pardee were the coaches…but only after Helton and Dimel graced us with their presence.

As far as I am concerned, I could give a SH!t if we ever played them or a$m again !!

They are both political animals !

1 Like

Ummmm…here I go being ignorant again. What is/was Bleachergate? Tried the search on here and came up empty.

Not ignorant. I may be wrong on the year but I think it was 2001. UT agreed to play us at Robertson Stadium and part of the agreement was that we would accommodate their fan base. We crudely constructed extra seats (bleachers) to the end zone that ultimately were deemed unstable and unable to accommodate their fans.

Long story short but they got pissed and there was this big fall out and I believe a lawsuit as well. And therefore the term bleachergate was created.

1 Like