I’m not advocating our congressman do the same

Bottom line is: it is the product on the field that counts. It brings folks to the games and brings eyeballs to the TV.

AAC, MAC, MW, SUNBELT are the only conferences that do not have set schedules for 2018. I suppose that’s because we are wrangling over the who gets the weekday games.

I don’t think start times on Saturday games is as important to attendance as the team playing well.

As a comparison: K St, a B12 school had exactly 1 home game that started at 6pm. It was against Central Arkansas and was broadcast on wildcathd.tv.

We already were given attendance criteria by PAC 12 in our on going meetings with them over the years,and that criteria was 35000. That is a criteria we have met and will continue to meet. We will be in play once they make a decision to expand…The key is for them to do it.

1 Like

You can never get enough of a good thing?

(Joking of course but it’s the offseason so it’s required to talk conference realignment every offseason before Spring practice. We used to have NSD to distract us but now we only controversial coaching hires to distract us until the Spring. Don’t forget there will a Summer edition to the expansion talk as well.)

Can we also discuss color schemes, skinny logo, skyline views, the band’s song choices and flag boys?

Can you show a link to that? I doubt the PAC 12 said, “average 35k one season and then you are invited.”

35,000 was the attendance requirement. It was one of many. Even if we have met everyone of them it doesn’t trigger an invite. The PAC 12 has to vote to expand first. Not the other way around.

Correct, and they won’t expand until their TV contract is up next decade.

1 Like

Again, no link to it or quotes. Obviously they didn’t mean get 35k for one game. I’m guessing averaging 35k for one season wouldn’t have been the deal either. So just saying “35k is the requirement” means nothing out of context.

I think we benefit the most by trying to join the SEC, with us and A&M it gives them a better recruiting foothold in TX, going against LSU, Bama, & A&M WILL generate a growth in attendance

You left out palm trees.

there is no LINK!! there are people on this board who actually TALK to people in our athletic dept…MR wasnt shy about talking about our criteria…i talked with him more than once about it

Yet you guys just say 35k. No context. No time frame. It’s starting to remind me of the “West Coast source” threads.

Louisville…the only game in town…plus they have prostitutes.

Bowlsby, however, responded with a letter to Olszewski this week and pretty much nixed any chance of the Big 12 changing its stance. As all UCF fans remember, the Big 12 flirted with the idea of expansion a couple of years ago and decided to stand pat, leaving UCF, USF and many other potential candidates standing at the altar.

“I do not foresee a scenario in which expansion would again become an active agenda item for our [league] in the near future,” Bowlsby wrote to Olszewski.