“I’m staying here,” King lied to us

“If I wanted to leave Houston and go somewhere else, I could’ve,” he added. “It’s what I want to do. I think it’s the best opportunity for me. I don’t think anybody will reach out to me. Even if they do, they should know I’m staying.”

No matter how straight-faced King was at the podium during the Redshirt Press Conference on Sept. 24, 2019, there was never any guarantee he would ever put on a UofH jersey again. Hence, why you don’t open up the possibility of losing your best player by asking him to redshirt as a Senior.

One thing is for certain: it’s time for the Cougars to put this bizarre chapter behind them and move on. Will or record improve? Maybe, but not dramatically and we are certainly not playing for the conference title or NYE6 Bowl without King. Let’s all try to support CDH and this flawed plan to sacrifice a season to surround King with added depth because it is officially now a dumpster fire! The grand Redshirt Plan of 2019 has blown up in our face. Was it worth it? Absolutely Not. Four (4) months later is UofH any better off? Absolutely Not. Will UofH be looked at as innovative for trying this? Sure, I guess, but no other program will attempt to go down this road knowing the results.

King announcing he was entering the transfer portal during the National Championship game was well thought out and calculated to brilliantly market himself to every blue blood program in the country. He gone. He might have announced yesterday, but it’s obvious he had this planned out for awhile. The timing is very suspicious. I assume that wherever school King goes he will he asked to play football, not watch from the stands if his team gets off to a rocky 1-4 start.

I don’t know if you noticed but there is a 200+ post thread on King leaving. If you ask, I am sure the Mods can combine.

3 Likes

Is it Burger King that has that vegan burger?

I haven’t tried it, in fact, I haven’t been to the king in at least a decade. But I’m seriously considering giving it a try.

Nah, Patrick was only one who would combine threads , I think we stuck with all 200+ :exploding_head:. Should you or I start next one. :grin:

It’s disappointing and could have been a lot better, kind of like this football season

The real question is for the next thread, do we go with being petty about King again?

Or should we mix it up? We could go with how CDH got played and mismanaged the whole situation.

1 Like

TLDR… He graduated and is an adult human, why do you care what he does at this point? We just got a dual threat guy that’s supposed to be pretty good and I think Tune is well suited for Holgo’s offense and will improve. I’m more concerned about the undersized skill guys we just picked up honestly.

3 Likes

Or we could move on. Nah, not in our DNA these days. The bigger question is how long into King’s LSU season will we have a King thread started.

I don’t care what he does or where he goes.

1 Like

This definitely warranted a new thread…

One thing can be assured King may have taken crown of most threads started on coogfans on certain athlete. He has or on his way to supplant EO or CK. Threads still being counted n unfortunately being added by the minute.

1 Like

Seriously though. Is that impossible burger any good? I want to try it but whenever I get a craving for burger, my thoughts go to the real deal (not fast food).

3 Likes

I heard they were being sued because it is cooked on the same grill as beef burgers.

1 Like

What if he entered the portal but come here?

1 Like

Wait, what? Burger King is not kosher?

To you Social Media People: Have you ever once thought that some of you can be part of the reason why people leave??? You question everything, post multiple threads on Coogfans and I am sure other boards. I am sure he and others read this board. Questioning his decision making, his dad, saying we have someone else should he leave, etc…you have to bear some of what happened. Young men don’t need us hovering around their accounts and hounding them. Even Superstars and Movie Stars deal with folks in this social media age, bothering them, or saying negative thing.

1 Like

I’ve been saying that nonstop and was my main reason for wanting the mods to shut down speculation threads like other schools boards do.

1 Like