I really hope King stays

I hope we do get King back, but these days, I view everything from the believe it when I see it POV. This way, I’ll be glad when he comes back, but not too shocked if he doesn’t.

Reason I hope King returns (I think he does), is that we would have a chance to finally redshirt Tune.

I think he deserves it if that is what he wants.

2 Likes

If King returns, and Tune is redshirted, certain posters will be hollering for whoever we sign at QB this recruiting class as soon as King leaves or is hurt. Don’t you know the best QB is always our HS recruit, even before he hits the practice field, knows the offense, or pans out.

The same thing if King leaves and Tune starts, the same guys will be clammoring for the freshman, sight unseen.

6 Likes

Why does Tune get a pass for being “young” when UCF has a true freshman QB that mopped the floor with us today? You either got it or you don’t.

6 Likes

King is a far better QB than Ward and i say this as a Ward Fan. Ward is one of the best weve ever had but King is a much better QB at the position. Throwing, Running, Evading, Reading.

I dont think Tune looks good out there but its a number of factors. Health, Plays, Line. I just think at this point we dont have the experience to help anybody under center and that falls onto the coach just as much as the players.

2 Likes

To me, Tune doesn’t get a pass for being young, but he does for playing behind a decimated line and being dinged. How do you think he would do behind the UCF line and with their crop of receivers?

Didn’t they say the UCF QB, Dillon Gabriel, was also offfered by Georgia? All freshmen aren’t created equal.

4 Likes

Excuses. Still doesn’t show enough for me. He’s not even asked to carry the offense just manage it, and he has failed to do that imho.

1 Like

I agree that those things aren’t Tune’s fault so let me move to a bigger picture question. Why do schools like Memphis, Temple, and UCF not miss a beat when they have coaching changes? And here we are can’t even win 6 games all of a sudden?

3 Likes

Because in his eyes, anything involving UH can’t do no wrong to Mikey.

They didn’t make a bad hire prior to this coaching change. Those teams didn’t fire coaches, they had to hire due to their coach being poached. Lot easier to win right away in the scenario.

Even Major won his 1st year after Herman left. Last year, the schedule was a factor in our record more than anything. This year was a complete 180 schedule-wise and we’ve had to deal with 3 years of roster mismanagement, questionable decisions, and subpar coaching. Eventually that catches up to you.

Just remember, wasn’t too long ago that UCF was winless and Temple/Memphis were laughing stocks.

9 Likes

That report quotes the Thamel article from right after the announcement was made and uses it as proof. That isn’t new news and is barely news since its Thamel.

5 Likes

That just means he’s not playing @ Wazzu next year.

1 Like

Please, give me a break!! Guys like Thamel post this kind of rubbish to smear UH and boost the bonghorns!!

that “King has little chance of returning” is merely the agenda this writer puts forward…It has NOTHING to do with anything King has said…

4 Likes

Yup! Trying to distract from the “Longhorns are NOT back” rhetoric

King returning is not essential but would give us some really good depth. We would have 3 qbs who can all play 4 games and still RS.

1 Like

I saw King in Cougar Red on the sidelines trying to help coach up Tune yesterday. He is a great young man no matter what he does. But I think he stays. I think he believes in 2020 like we do and doesn’t want to go to another new system.

9 Likes

Bryan Fischer article 5 hours ago says King is gone.

1 Like

I think that’s correct.

So is Bryan Fischer D’Eriq King’s alternate screen writer name, or is this just another prognosticator?

Another “writer” with anonymous sources.

More collisions. By the by, his so called main destination was most likely destroyed today.

Kendall May be next OC at Mount Vernon.

King has used up his high school eligibility.