I think we now may own a dubious distinction

I don’t believe that there is any other team that has six Final Four appearances with no championship.

That said, I’m VERY PROUD of this team.

Let’s take it all the way next season!!!

9 Likes

Theres plenty of teams with no final fours. So I will take it.

24 Likes

Well we were already tied for the most final fours with no championship, so having sole possession of the distinction isn’t really any worse. Better to be in the final four than not in it.

12 Likes

Woohoo, record books!

Keep knocking until we win one

6 Likes

Oklahoma state and cinci?

Of course rather be on our list that be BYU, Mizzou (my daughters current school) or Xavier.

1 Like

How about Aggy not even having 10 NCAA appearances

2 Likes

Okie State and Cincy both have won TWO National championships.

As I said, we are the only school with this many Final Fours and no titles.

1 Like

0-3 in Domes and 0-3 not in Domes.

2 Likes

Don’t be dismayed. CKS, or his son, ACKS, will get it done.

5 Likes

Yuck. I was hoping. When did okie state win? 70’s

Before UH started playing basketball

1 Like

Back way before that

Back when they were called Oklahoma A&M and people were more concerned about WWII than basketball.

4 Likes

There is absolutely no way this Cougar team was anywhere near the teams our other final four teams in talent.
That said I could not be prouder of this team. Enjoyed the ride this gutsy team gave us and so glad to finally go to a final four game to watch my team

11 Likes

I look at it this way, you have to make the final 4 to win a championship. A whole lot of schools have never made a final 4, we’ve made 6.

2 Likes

Didn’t North Carolina go to six or seven final fours before finally winning one?

Okie state won two in the 1940s, Cincy won two in the 1960s with Oscar Robertson.

2 Likes

we had that distinction for a few years now, even at 5

Previously we were tied with Illinois.

Now we’re in sole possession.