I think we now may own a dubious distinction

First place!!!

I’d rather have 1 FF and 1 championship than 6 FFs and no championsip. But if we can’t have a championship, I’ll take all the FFs we can get

I know it’s early but Baylor looks like the best team or Gonzaga not running all their plays against UCLA

1 Like

Yes. Carolina fans were growing a iittle tirefd of Smith

id rather have 7 FF and 1 championship…than 1 FF and 1 championship… we’ll get there

7 Likes

In other news Gonzaga choking against UCLA would greatly deflect the negative press from our loss

Is this only Gonzaga’s second Final Four?

Yes.

Their other Final Four appearance was in 2017. They made the Finals that year.

I look at it as we have 6 Regional Championships. I believe we lost to the eventual national champions today.

2 Likes

How many NCAA teams are there in Div I ?

3 outta 300+ ain’t bad

1 Like

We lost to the national champion the other 5.

2 Likes

Not so dubious.

They still will win the National Championship :trophy:. There’s only one team Baylor can’t outscore and that’s Gonzaga.

Timme is the X factor.

Per the full .net rankings, there are 347 teams
https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/basketball-men/d1/ncaa-mens-basketball-net-rankings

I think Gonzaga is fully capable of drowning Baylor. I think they’ll have Baylor in deep foul trouble by halftime. The most mechanically efficient team I’ve seen in 20 years. They just work the body for 40 minutes.

Hagler vs Leonard

1 Like

Duke, they finally won in their ninth final four.

3 Likes

Only 14 programs have six or more Final Fours. I’m very proud that we are in that elite club. VERY PROUD.

I’m supposed to feel some kind of way because we haven’t won a national championship? Please. The only UH team I’ve seen that should have won it all was the 83 team. Note, I’m too young to have seen the 67 or 68 teams, but both teams got beaten soundly at the FF too.

3 Likes

We all should be proud. Very proud!!

1 Like

Yes but they’ve made a bunch of Sweet 16s in a row.

From 1939 thru 1950, the NCAA tournament only had 8 teams, from 1951 thru 1974 it had 16, in 1975 it went to 32, and in 1985 it went to 64. Making the final 4 now is much harder than originally and in each previous expansion. It is a major accomplishment and not to be taken lightly.

1 Like