I'm Proud

of the way our team plays. They represented our university well today.

22 Likes

Ok…

Rude…

Defense has improved, running game is good, and we connected on some deep balls. Drops cost us 2 TDs and refs gave Cincy 2 scores. Kill UConn and get revenge against Smoo.

10 Likes

I’m lost. Was the OP being sarcastic?

You guys are too pessimistic, every team we lost to is a top 25 type of team, and we were competitive in all. This is clear a rebuilding year, I think the future is bright.

We need to give CDH time and support.

19 Likes

D played their hearts out and kept us in it. They sent out an injured Tune to a thinned crowed and fought to give us a chance to win against a top 25 team. To be honest, our players looked better than theirs and despite what ever penalties showed up they kept their heads in the game. I can’t be the only one here who watched the game…

19 Likes

He’s a troll

You’re not but you’ll have a bunch of “I told you so’s” and stat sheet scouts tell you different all this next week. I watched the game and agree. We should have whipped their tails, but turnovers and penalties whipped us instead.

3 Likes

We were a team that lost on account of our own mistakes and bad ref work.

But we weren’t a team that gave up, which is important.

19 Likes

the real kicker was ify call that gave them more TOP then they should have had, 3 and outs by out O dont help even when Dane is flipping the field. But the penalties didn’t affect our teams overall effort and that’s a great thing to see moving forward.

6 Likes

For sure. The fight in the team needs to be a talking point In the post game speech and the guys need to be commended. Get a win and more experience next week and we’re back on track.

7 Likes

Yep. They hung with a deeper team again. A lot to be positive about. The defense especially plays with a good mindset…nothing to be concerned about in the attitude dept. They’re just not deep and we’re susceptible to over-running when the QB tucks and vacates the pocket. That’s just youthful excitement. In years past our offense would have put another 21 points up.

8 Likes

Defense continues to show benefits of good Coaching. Excited, hustling, in position & thumping folks. Best since Todd left.

15 Likes

Yep.

I like this team, it plays hard.

8 Likes

I commented probably on another thread that Grant is still having to point out spots but that has decreased, imo. We did get some great plays in their backfield today. Run defense was very good at times.

When you aren’t winning every game you gotta take the good and build on that. We had some entertaining plays today!

4 Likes

The team fights hard…that narrative is lost on the troll clowns

5 Likes

Self inflicted wounds lost the game today. Correctable. Team played hard. Great attitudes. Walked away from a chance to win but we are getting better. On to next week. Go Coogs!!!

7 Likes

I agree Bo, I can see improvement by our D every week. Early on had a couple of miscues that cost us; but they kept us in the game until the O got to rolling. The difference in this game is 5 turnovers by the Coogs to 1 turnover by Cincy and a couple of dropped TD’s.

Their OL is massive, across the front they were 315, 322, 300, 325, and 330. Our DL was 288, 285, 295, and 237. Yet we were able to disrupt them a lot, especially when they went to the sides. I am very proud of the effort, but breaks – and officiating – didn’t go our way.

7 Likes