I'm Stepping Away For A While

Been following my Coogs since 1981, graduated in 1985. Moved away, come back for at least one FB and BB game each year, send money when I can, buy swag.

We have one of the best QB’s in the country, and a top 5 NFL pick and both are bing wasted.

We had a tremendous opportunity to win, move up in the polls, and blew it.

I am so disappointed that while not giving up, I need to just do other things on game days/weeks for a while…

17 Likes

People forget that our program has very little margin for error…we expect to be that team that beats P5s like Oklahoma and Florida State and Penn State and Arizona and Oklahoma State, etc. We have an impressive track record of doing so. We HAVE the talent, we just need the coaching to get it done.

10 Likes

The top 5 pick didn’t play. Sports is a distraction. A lot of you take it way too seriously.

12 Likes

Amen brother! I am doing the same. I am tired of the same old same old.

1 Like

I feel you, brother…I am very hurt after what happened yesterday…that wasn’t just a loss…it was more. I haven’t felt this horrible since Levine…

1 Like

We are paying for season tickets and we expect good coaching. It’s not like we are getting free tickets to the games. Ben Hicks the SMU QB had his best day yesterday every QB has it’s best day vs Houston Defense.

4 Likes

The worst part is that no changes will be made. We just have to accept the crappy coaching. Stepping away is a very good idea. Some sort of message has to be sent.

2 Likes

We were all upset. Frustrated. Angry. Personally I have swallowed way too many of these setbacks. I guess it’s part of being a UH fan.

The issue now is where do we go from here? It seems USF just folded their tent after we beat them. I hope we are better than that. There is still a lot to play for, including next season.

10 Likes

Lol, I keep trying to step away, but come right back…

5 Likes

Friends, this is exactly why you can’t step away. I understand how pissed you may be. Pissed is being very lenient. I apologize for the word & it does not even sums up how I really feel.
What is at stakes is far more important than CMA or other Coaches. Our goal is to get into a P5. The future of our football program depends on it. No matter what we feel we must fill our stadium. We are not happy with our coaching? Let’s make it know in a full stadium. That is the best answer to the worst Coaching job that I have seen in a while.
Do you realize what your personal feeling does to a young athlete? I feel 100% about how disgusted you may be. I am too but I also realize every single day what our players do day in & day out.
So NOCoog85 & others you put back on your U of H pride. This is not the time to step away. When the times are bad this is when we gotta support our kids even more. Thank you for reading.

9 Likes

Because you are a true supporter of the program. The overall program means a hell of a lot to me but it is not so important that I agonize over every poor decision, bad call, loss, etc. It is all about perspective and an understanding of how the wacky game of football works each week. It is an imperfect game. Perfection is rarely achieved, less rarely sustained.

8 Likes

He had a great day against Orlando two years ago as well. It seems like he must really get hyped for playing UH. His best two games in his career are against UH.

3 Likes

It just sucks that we had this performance against SMU. But I love my coogs and will be rooting for them hard this Saturday! I know people want to complain about the coaching but the truth is we have to have someone that will stay long term. If not we will continue to be a good program but not a great one.

2 Likes

I’m not stepping away from the team but I’m sure as heck stepping away from Dallas trips. The last time I saw a UH team, in any sport, win in that city was the Nebraska Cotton Bowl in 1980. I’ve seen hoops, football and baseball up there and I haven’t had a good experience in 38 years. last night when we went under cover from the storm my wife just looked at me and said “I’m never coming back to this stadium!”

Same here

8 Likes

I think we clubbed Penn State there when we had Case at the helm.

3 Likes

waaayyyyyyy 7-2 same ole same ole. Grow up

1 Like

Its not it’s and it should be his best day technically. Every QB has their best game against UH? Do you have any stats to support that generalized poorly constructed thought?

Missed that trip. We’d have lost had I gone probably. :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

True, was there at Cotton Bowl…very beautiful!

1 Like

I heard Hicks was a UH commit till out coach bolted . True ? ? ? ? ?