• 10/03 - Old Dominion
  • 10/10 - Maine
  • 10/24 - at Ole Miss
  • 10/31 - Liberty
  • 11/07 - at North Carolina
  • 11/14 - at San Jose State
  • 11/21 - Middle Tennessee
  • 11/28 - Army

All of the 4 P5 road games are one-and-done. They did get one P5 home game against Illinois, but outside of them and Army, they’re playing a Sun Belt-quality schedule.

It gets a little bit better in the future – they have home games against Duke and NC State in 2023 – but not much.

I think your post had some kind of error to it…all I see is 0-12…

7 Likes

Pretty scathing SI article focusing on UCONN football. After reading the article, makes me think that UH football needs to get back on the road to success as soon as possible. We need to win on the field, at the stadium gate, and in TV ratings. I think the AAC is the right place for us right now, and we need to prove we can routinely compete for the conference championship; otherwise, no need to talk about conference realignment.

3 Likes

Moving to the Big East was UConn throwing in the towel for football. They will move back down to FCS eventually. JMO

4 Likes

By the time they get to Old Dominion, they’ll be playing the cheerleaders.

To quote Bill Yeoman, “Being independent is hard cheese.”

1 Like

they were talking about UCONN on ESPN radio today during lunch. only caught the tail end of it but they were talking about potentially cutting all sports?

man, who is in charge of that university? dude (or woman) needs to be terminated.

1 Like

If you ain’t in the club and they have no reason to ever let you in - reprioritize.

We’re on that bubble now let’s be honest. Paying top dollar to coaches and they keep adding to the payroll with these oversized staffs.

Eventually we’ll have to sit back and collect our breaths and see if it’s worth it if we don’t get a New Year’s Day $15 million windfall every 3-4 years

1 Like

We already know it’s worth it.

3 Likes

UConn made the right decision to join a league that prioritizes sports they’ve at some point been good at. The fact that the most successful coach in that program’s history has bombed so badly this go around tells you how viable college football is at that school in 2020.

They’re just spinning their wheels keeping football at this point.