Interesting article contemplating Keenum trade

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/LongFormArticle/Could-Case-Keenum-Be-Traded-From-the-Browns-165024330/Amp/

Interesting reading.

2 Likes

Any idea where he would end up?

Lets hope the Raiders. Would love to see him lead them to the SB like Plunkett did back in the day

3 Likes

Thanks for posting OP.

Linked Article pegs the Jets as the best trade partner for Keenum. It states that the Jets have no QB who’s thrown a pass in the league.

Keenum would either warm the seat for the BYU kid or come in at any point should Wilson falter. The Jets offense is a “West coast” version Keenum is already familiar with.

Personally it would be cool to see Case in the New York market especially if he gets a few starts. There’s no more coverage a player can receive than up there. Just need the team to reset those arena league uniforms and I’ll be pumped to watch a Keenum Jets team next season.

If you look in the comments section, the posters overwhelmingly want to keep Keenum at least one more year, as they see his value as a quality backup for Mayfield. That unanimous of opinion amongst so many makes me believe he will have one more year in Cleveland.

If I had to take a guess, Keenum probably has one more team before he starts having trouble finding a place that wants him on the roster at a reasonable salary. I hope he gets another 3-4 years and calls it a career at around 36-37. Quite a career for a two-star option QB from West Texas with only one FBS offer. Love you Case, and keep making that money.

12 Likes

How could a person who will never be a NFL quarterback have trade value in the league?

3 Likes

Case to his credit over his pro career had developed and turned himself into a top tier second string QB, and a valuable asset to organizations.

I remember seeing him his first couple years thinking he’ll bounce around a few years then he’ll be coaching and fulfilling his destiny of leading us to conference championships.

Would like to see a list of all the great, can’t miss, blue chip, high draft choice QB’s that have come and gone since Case entered the league.

Send a copy of it to the local sports radio talking holes who had nothing to do but trash Case whenever possible.

5 Likes

I’d love for someone to tell me a quarterback with more heart than case.

2 Likes

Case has already made enough money to be set for life. His net worth is currently estimated at $20million just based on earnings. That’s after taxes, agent commissions, charity donations, living expenses, etc. Assuming he is wisely investing his money, I would bet he has more. That should have him comfortably set for life. He doesn’t need to play anymore; but he loves the game, and making all he can, while he can.

I wonder what his plans are for his post NFL career. He may end up in ministry rather than coaching. Or, he may end up coaching – or doing something completely different. We just don’t know.

2 Likes

Crazy. Keenum is now 33-years-old. I don’t think he plays in the NFL too much longer. I’m actually hoping he still wants to coach college football at some point. I think he mentioned wanting to coach years ago since his dad was a HS coach. Would love to see him return to UH as an assistant, perhaps QB coach or something.

2 Likes