Is anyone else excited about the 2018 season atleast?

Sorry. I’m new here, so I don’t know how to properly reply to people.

I’m also not completely disappointed with the season. I’m always happy to see the Coogs on the field. Things in our conference can turn around quickly, UCF comes to mind. Last year they were a dumpster fire, this year they’re like a buzzsaw thru the AAC

everything i have seen from applehwite is loyalty…till this very day he says king is a qb first…he says the only reason king ist playing qb is becuase of reps, otherwise he’d be in the mix…IMO he has made it clear king is next in line after allen.
and king has been with applewhite for 3 years now. its not about rep but knowledge

ill be 100% shocked if chance is the qb next year…his high school stats preaches of an athlete playing qb, not great passing stats…ill be shocked if he isnt redshirted…bryson is a to be decided.
to me if allen leaves it wont even a be a competition (despite him saying it will be)…king will be handed it but told he is in a competition to push him

they arent on any one site…just from different places
sawyer list himself as 4.5 on his hudl and those are normally inflated (ran a 4.67 in the nike combine)
malik jackson ran a 4.65 at the etsn combine, and a 4.8 in the nike combine
julon williams ran a 4.7 on the nike combine
Thomas went to the nike combine but chose not to do the 40 (film doesn’t preach burner)
Morgan did not attend any combine, but list himself as a 4.4 (rivals scouting report on him didnt say he was burner, but that he had has good speed “for his size”, he is 6’2)

Houston nike combine results
https://www.theopening.com/2017-houston-results

also this isnt a knock on them…non are burners but most of them look shifty and dynamic from from film…sawyer is a punt returning magician, he will likely start for us there next year…thats why i used the ayers comparison…likely arent straight line fast but shifty

Nice!
I think it goes without saying that 40 times are hard to judge because some people aren’t track guys and can’t time their jumps off of the blocks or keep things tight and utilize what coach used to call “turnover”.

But I agree. Sawyer really jumps out to me. If he can learn the playbook and put it all together technique wise, he’s going to be lethal. I also like Morgan as he’s 6-2 and almost 200lbs coming out of high school. It’ll be hard to jam him at the line, that’s for sure. We may not be playing like them, but CMA is recruiting like Urban Meyer in regards to measurements at specific positions.

Ooooooooooo next season is gonna be so good

After USF, I am reenergized about this season. This was a big win and highly needed. If we can continue to play four quarters and take care of the ball, I don’t see why we can’t end the season 8-3, which I expected before the year.

I just want to see good football again, and for the first time this year, I saw it in Tampa yesterday. I still believe that we need a new OC next year, but that can wait until after the season. King is able to improvise despite poor play-calling.

3 Likes

I like what I’m seeing from this team. The players earned a lot of confidence yesterday. I think the COOGS have a good chance to go 3-0 to finish up the season.

Go COOGS!

1 Like

The season isn’t over and I’m looking forward to seeing a strong finish.

3 Likes

cant find bryan jones on the depth chart

He didnt qualify yet. Comes in Jan hopefully.

[quote=“GEOcoog47, post:31, topic:9376”]
I hope hes working hard this off season