Is The AAC Still An Underdog Conference?

It’s up to ESPN, the conferences have little influence.

1 Like

What’s crazy about their choke hold on CFB, is who gave them permission to host an invite only sequence of games? It just came out of nowhere and is the law around here.

2 Likes

I don’t know the answer to that but I would guess ESPN said to college football, we will give you $200M for the playoffs and championship game then the cartel did some calculations and decided on this stupid 4 team thing and cut it down to 5 power conferences.

ESPN agreed.

Just my take on it.

1 Like

When the playoffs contract is up for renewal, I do think ESPN will want an 8 team playoff since there is so much interest in 8. This means more viewership and more money for ESPN.

Of course the cartel is going to want a 6 team playoff to keep the same teams making the playoffs.

1 Like

Please elaborate

2 Likes

There have been numerous times this year while they’ve covered teams in this conference where the commentators praise the talent in this league. They even likened it to P5 leagues. There was one instance (before they collapsed) where they said UCF would win the SEC East.

Edit: Second best, not win it.

https://247sports.com/college/central-florida/Article/UCF-knights-football-espn-Joey-Galloway-takes-UCF-as-second-best-team-in-SEC-East-135825883/