It seems only the football fans care about the upheaval

No comments from the basketball fans about the UT/ Oklahoma upheaval?

1 Like

Why… what happened?

5 Likes

No one cares about the University of Tennessee in the basketball forum.

5 Likes

I didn’t even realize they played. Who won?

Cause football drives the boat not basketball

3 Likes

Conferences don’t really matter in basketball when you have a 64-team tournament

8 Likes

We have a BOAT?!? Nobody told me about a boat!!!

Why am I always the last to find out?

4 Likes

It is really all about football, conference doesn;t matter as much for a shot at a national championship in basketball.

1 Like

That is patently false

Daddy has the boat.

4 Likes

All those football fans better say a prayer of thanks to the Sampson family and the program they have built for hoops. Our Final Four and sweet 16 appearances look very impressive right now while the football team has done diddly and squat in the last few years to make us look attractive. Basketball does matter in this. Not as much as football but it does matter.

3 Likes

Good for him, his family and friends.

Our Basketball program has kept UH in the national media enough for everyone to still remember the 2016 Peach Bowl shine. I truly believe that is a big reason Houston is still respected nationally in these football realignment discussions.

That’s why even though basketball doesn’t drive much for realignment purposes, it’s a great long marketing commercial for schools during March!

Thanks Coach Sampson!

3 Likes

UH football and basketball fans are one and the same, so separate comments are not important.

The current upheaval in college conferences is primarily centered about the game of football.

6 Likes

I just went over to check on the football board for any updates on the actual season and it’s nothing but realignment posts as far as the eye can see. I know I should probably care, but that crap makes my head hurt right now. I’m just ready for us to start playing some games (football and basketball).

Yeah it’s all speculation right now for the most part. We know Ut and OU going to SEC but everything after that is just a guessing game. Idk why they made 75 threads over the same topic :joy: I couldn’t keep up anymore. Every time a new article or tweets comes up, someone makes a separate thread. My question is, is this only affecting football or basketball too. I know they don’t have to be in the same conference for both. Seems like people are only worrying about the football side

1 Like

https://twitter.com/dillondavis3/status/1422665049815109632?s=21
Big 10 would be insane in basketball

https://twitter.com/M_Vernon/status/1422667620248014851?s=19

The sublime joys of being a great basketball program. Never worrying about what conference you’re in.

Yeah they’d have Michigan and now Kansas.