It's the players fault

Not sure it is a conditioning issue, as the defense only played 20 minutes the entire game.

1 Like

So it is your opinion? Got it, Nick!

1 Like

The coach sets the tone in terms of culture.

1 Like

So here you agree it’s coaching but previously you disagreed when said it’s coaching. get your story straight, my friend.
good execution is the result of good coaching.

I was an average player on teams of average players. We were successful because we followed our coaches instructions.

I think we have a pretty good grasp of our football teams issues. I would be fine with CMAs comments if he had included himself and the coaching staff. Team means EVERYBODY. Coaches should have set a better tone and expectation for the team from the get go. Regardless of talent levels, if we have players (or coaches for that matter) taking plays off, and we do, we recruited/hired the wrong people. Work ethic is a personal thing that for the vast majority of cases is set long before their time on Cullen. Give me a group of hard working, highly disciplined, 2 stars every day.

2 Likes

In all fairness, CMA did lay a lot of the blame on the coaches if you watch the full presser. Losing doesn’t make any of this easier to swallow, but I am not going to try to insinuate controversy where there is none.

3 Likes

Good to hear. I have not had time to watch the full presser. Thanks for the heads up.

Because his roster is full of 5 star recruits??

Sorry you missed it but the point was work ethic and discipline. 100% every play, and the expectation of that.

Most 5 stars here since Yeoman

Nick Sabah won less games when he coached less talented teams

1 Like

Well sir…recruiting is a large part of coaching at the college level !!

So, yes, the coach is key !!

Alabama sucked before Saban got there, won, then the recruiting pipeline started to flow.

I know we are not Alabama, not my point, but CMA ain’t got it !! never will have !!

Talk to you in a year.

2 Likes

I think you need to get your story straight, friend. [quote=“xsmithcoog116, post:4, topic:9356”]
Coaching plays a big part; like being too conservative in the second half, or our DC having our corners play 10 yards off of the ball.
[/quote]

I never once said that our struggles are based on one particular problem. I suggested it was a combination. In regards to the product on the field, I gave my insight to what I think our issue is with finishing. See next quote.[quote=“xsmithcoog116, post:4, topic:9356”]
Look at one single player (not the play) and ask yourself, is he doing what it takes(individually) to be successful at this position? CMA shouldn’t have said that publicly, but he’s not too far off from the truth. We need to individually execute better.
[/quote]

Then I agreed with pray10 on the idea that what we see is what we’re going to get. We have a whole host of issues that can’t be categorized as one thing. Something I will say is the norm is to attribute our struggles to coaching error instead of simply accepting the fact that some players are not good on this roster and coaching has absolutely nothing to do with it. I’m not bashing our guys but ask yourself, are any of our quarterbacks better than Fergie or Hicks? Do we have the best O line in the league (no, Tulsa does)? Do we have two NFL caliber possession receivers and some speedy guys who can’t get open? Yes. Do those speedy guys get wide open and Postma never looks to their side of the field and misses them? Often? Yes. Do we have zero pass rush when we only rush three? Are the defensive ends/LB getting caught on blocks, but do not disengage, reset and then try to rush again? Yes! Evidently the norm is blaming our struggles on one factor without understanding our personnel first. Instead, people’s fan fragility rears it’s ugly head by blaming the coach and only the coach. Stop it. He’s trying and so is this team. You think they’re more happy than you with our struggles?

Those would be teams that where he inherited the talent…and only the first year.

Glad you gave Major less than year to decide he doesn’t have it. Did Saban get one year to prove it. Herman one year success is not the norm, a coach at the college level, should be able to have some continuity before we claim he doesn’t “have it”. Anybody already jumping off the ship is little premature at this point in CMA career.

1 Like

So he couldn’t sprinkle magic dust despite being the coach

Did you think Nesbitt deserved a full year to prove it?

Or Levine for that matter. Most of us saw that train wreck coming before he coached his first game (not Penn St. - doesn’t count)

I gave Applewhite the benefit of the doubt before the season. But after seeing his first set of coordinator hires and on the field performance- taking what is essentially a good team and making them a bad team- I have all the information I need. No, it doesn’t take a full year to make that call.

2 Likes

Was he head coach? I think Nesbitt was a special case, and the rumors I read gave plenty of reason why Tony would get rid of him.

EXACTLY !!!

CMA is NOT head coaching material.

Time will tell…I just hope that that time is not at UH.

2 Likes