Ivy League Cancels Their Tournament

They just cancelled both their men’s and women’s tournament. Hope nobody else does or it could start an epidemic of cancellations.

Oh my, what will all nine of their sports fans be able to go do for fun now?

5 Likes

Vegas faints.

1 Like

Man have to feel for Harvard… Only finished a game behind Yale and they swept them in conference play 2-0

2 Likes

I didn’t even realize they started doing a conference tournament. Guess I missed some good action the last couple years.

No, you didn’t miss a thing.

2 Likes

Brown beat Harvard twice.

Only the top four teams play in the tournament and it’s on the weekend to not disrupt studies. I wonder if their students actually study on the road or if they just watch YouTube videos and listen to music like most athletes.

They were just going to play in an empty arena, then realized they do that all the time anyway.

1 Like

I went and watched Yale play Dartmouth last year. It was semi-packed. But their field houses are smaller than a lot of Texas’ high school gyms. So semi-packed means a couple hundred. I think a Company branding consultant would call it ‘intimate’. I would call it sad.

1 Like

How many elderly people go to the IVY tournament?

3 Likes

MAC Tourney to be closed to the public. I feel like more conf. tourneys will go that route.

Well, no matter how low a level and how boring you think the Ivy League is, they are still young men with a goal to get to the NCAA tournament. That has been taken away from any of them not playing for Yale. I can kinda understand playing in an empty gym, but not cancelling the whole damn thing.

6 Likes

Did the IVY league think that these young men weren’t going to mingle with other young people whether they played the games or not? Young healthy men are at risk of many communicable diseases.

So, who wins the league with no tourney??! Not fair to other teams…

They’ll just crown Yale the champion. They only started having conference tournaments three years ago. They play conference games on Friday and Saturday to avoid mid-week games on the road.

Now they have cancelled all the rest of their spring sports. I hate seeing the direction all of this is heading.

1 Like