Jarreau could have been a fraternity brother

The way he flies and finishes would have made him a perfect part of Phi Slamma Jamma. it is really unfair to compare any team to the fraternity brothers, but there are certainly players on this team that would have been a big part of that group.

Jarreau reminds me of Benny Anders. Not exactly picturesque, but very athletic and provides Instant offense.

Welcome to the fraternity Dejon and thank you sir I would like to have another final four.

5 Likes

Jarreau is a human spark plug when heā€™s on the courtā€¦

1 Like

He has the goods if he keeps working on his game to play at the next level. There is still room for improvement.

3 Likes

So happy that Deeky is on this team as he brings a different dimension to the offense. If he improves his dribbling and passing skills, no telling where him and this team can go this year or next.

4 Likes

if he adds a shot to his game and 15lbs he could be dominantā€¦and we might only get to see him 1 more year

4 Likes

i think he will approach rob gray status next year, running point and penetrating, we really get hm points and assistsā€¦look forward to his continued improvement

1 Like

I think this team has earned PSJ status. Surprised it has not been revived. I was thinking it would be kind of cool to do an inition fo the current team with members of PSJ to welcome them to the fraternity. (Maybe give them old school satin jackets with the jump,anmlogo and PSJ on it)

2 Likes

Iā€™m sorry but this team is no Phi Slamma Jamma. You forget the elite athletes on those teams. This teams also does not dunk like Phi Slamma Jamma. There will only ever be one era of Phi Slamma Jamma. This team needs its own identity.

8 Likes

I think people are trying too hard to recreate PSJ. That was not only a once in a lifetime experience, it was a once only experience. I canā€™t remember who said it in the 30 For 30, but he said something like ā€œit was like a comet. It made a short appearance never to be seen again.ā€

This is not to take away from what this team is doing or where this program is headed. PSJ was just a totally different beast. I do agree though that Dejon would have fit right in. He definitely has some Benny in him.

5 Likes

If he works on the Three pointer he will be VERY dangerous. They already canā€™t stop him driving, imagine if they have to respect his long range shot too!!!

They have to make a final four first.

2 Likes

His comment yesterday ā€œ that if you donā€™t play defense, you ainā€™t gettin on the court is going to make him better as well! He is a ā€œnatural assistā€ guy like Galen. He just needs to focus on direct passes instead of some of the crazy one we see him do at times! He did a great job yesterday of focusing on what the defense gave him.

2 Likes

Iā€™d be happy to call this era of Cougar basketball teams the ā€œSampsonites.ā€

6ac776fd88ded738bdd1d1bb15fafa48

4 Likes

PHI Stop-em Pop-em
for defense and 3 point offenseā€¦

1 Like

Thatā€™s why I referred to him as the new Benny Anders in another post not long ago. Heā€™s young, athletic with high energy and a motor.

1 Like

He reminds me of a tall Rob Williams.

1 Like

As long as history dont repeat itself with Andersā€¦

He really took over at the end of the Cincy game. I hope to see that in March

1 Like

And April!

1 Like

DeJon the Jet. UMassā€™ loss is our gain.

2 Likes