Jarreau update

I am a professional ath. trainer. The MCL injury is fairly straight forward, though there are degrees of severity. They won’t operate b/c of good blood supply. Hinged leg splint, the amount of time depends on severity of injury.

1 Like

I keep waiting for an opportunity to contribute to this board with my Excel skills but I fear that day will never come. Thanks for explaining.

5 Likes

I wonder if CKS covers pivot tables in practice? Oh if there was only someone on the board that could help the team in that area.

:wink:

2 Likes

Well, he played some. Not impressive, but obviously rusty… Let’s give him some time.
#GoCoogs!

fabian looked bad his 1st game back too…he is was essential today …

i still have confidence is him too,

and we need him, we can get to the tournament without him, but i think we need him if we want to actually go far when we get there…we wont get far playing galen/brooks/corey 35 mins a game on close back to back games

3 Likes

Absolutely correct. Galen played 38 minutes against LSU. That’s just not sustainable.

1 Like

His 3 jumpers in the second half kept UH within arms distance before we took the lead.

He’ll be ready to go when conference starts. Just too long a layoff and wasn’t used to game speed yet.

2 Likes

Galen can do it. It is sustainable. Some players do it for 100 games a season.

It will be difficult in the conference tournament when you may have to play 3 games in 3 nights?

I’ve seen enough of Deeky’s UMass highlights and the first game of the season to worry about his level of performance.

1 Like

He had an awesome block on the fast break, he threw away the ball to begin with, but minor point.

he lead top 5 in the nation in assists per possession at umass…he had 7 assists in limited minutes is in his only real game with minutes (note that game was after 3weeks off for the funeral in his family)

he is turnover prone, but he has played 1 game in 2 years , who wouldnt be turnover prone in that situation…2 years off, 1 of those not on any team at all, missed most of fall camp to a funeral, missed most of early season to a suspension, now dealing with a sprained knee

he isnt ready but there is so much to like…

I really like this length as a defender. It showed on the block on the fast break. Once he gets his game day basketball legs back, I think we’ll really appreciate what he can provide off the bench when Galen needs a breather.

Speaking of, Galen has been fantastic this season so far. It’s almost like he’s a completely different player when Rob isn’t out there. He just seems a billion times more confident in his game. The commentators last night kept saying he was just a “winner” and they were right. Galen is the ultimate competitor and he can take this team far.

Thx, pesik. I’ll also as that the one turnover came from a player that is #2 in country in steals. That stat was pointed out by the broadcasters. He’ll be fine once the minutes increase and he gets in a rhythm with the rest of the team. And, yes, the hustle and athleticism on the block was beautiful.

1 Like