Jarrid Williams

Gee, I don’t recall this many starters leaving under Levine or Applewhite.

3 Likes

I would say something like, “but now we are winning games” but… I will go on and say that the reason was Levine was the only guy that ever was able to recruit here and that is why Tom Herman won and since Tom Herman didn’t recruit it is why Applewhite did not win but those guys everyone loved so no one would transfer and they gave them 100% every play but the cupboard was bare.

1 Like

10 wins, right guys? :joy:

1 Like

At this point, football is now just a sport that helps pass the time until basketball season.

9 Likes

I agree, what Jarrid Williams did was scummy. But, D’Eriq King still holds the current record for scummy.

10 Likes

Yep. Hard to argue that.

man… seems like one thing after another with our football program.

2 Likes

Two potential NFL guys leave the program.

Smh…

Who are the two ?

2 Likes

King & Williams.

King is not gonna be in the nfl.

Have no idea about Williams.

13 Likes

I read some article, I think from out of Miami saying that he should be a top pick. I highly doubt that. Especially at quarterback.

1 Like

I dare speak ill of the god-coach.

4 Likes

Did I hear 14 wins, Soldier? Why certainly you are right!!

2 Likes

You lost me at Levine and Applewhite. Are you saying it’s a bad thing to not have a culture like those two former coaches or it is a good sign? I assume you are taking a shot a CDH by rubbing the “success” that those two had on the field (they seemed like nice guys though) but it seems odd.

2 Likes

Maybe, maybe not, but the comment by Coog 2010 was two potential NFL guys left the program.

King is the same size as Kyler Murray and Russel Wilson and we can all attest to their NFL success. Greg Ward is the same size as King and Keenum is only two inches taller and doesn’t have King’s mobility. IMO, if King has a good year and can avoid further injury, he has the talent to play in the NFL in some capacity.

Williams is 6’-7’, 300+ lbs. He’ll have his education, his degree and talent. He was second team All-AAC. If he can avoid further injury, he’ll land in the NFL.

2 Likes

Both Levine and Applewhite have gone to bowls and won more games than Holgerson, as of right now both have been more successful at UH.

When multiple starters transfer out of a school, it never ends well historically. Ball is in Holgerson’s court. If more key players leave before the season then it’s solidified that something’s up.

1 Like

By something is up do you mean culture change? We knew something was up when CDH said a bunch of guys weren’t used to “practicing hard” and when we had OL so out of shape they were puking on the sidelines.

Again, the story is ambiguous so the go to is to blame the coach and act like he’s ineffective. Same tired ole record being played.

Imagine a world where the kid wanted to transfer with his degree in hand and harbored no hard feelings for the university he stayed 4 years at.

7 Likes

Thank you @GooseCreekCoog

I didn’t say they both are guaranteed draft picks or that King’s future would be as an NFL QB.

@EECOOG69 were you one of those people saying that ward wouldn’t make it in the NFL?

I stand by my comment and do think king has the POTENTIAL to land on an nfl roster as does Williams. Please don’t get cute either, everyone does not have NFL potential.

True NFL potential doesn’t come around at a high volume for us and for some reason or another our Potential NFL guys are transferring.

I wonder what that says to potential recruits.