Jeremy Branham named best PbP announcer in Houston by Houston Press

In a city with some pretty well-established, exceptional play-by-play voices across the major sports, the one whose sound registers as clearly “big league” from the first word you hear is, ironically, the voice for the most niche of the “big league” teams in town — that of Houston Dynamo play-by-play announcer Jeremy Branham. The 2017 season marked Branham’s second of describing not just Dynamo action, but any soccer assignment of any type, and that fact may best encapsulate why Branham is so good — you’d never know it when listening to him that the Dynamo is his first soccer announcing gig. Big league baseball, football and basketball play-by-play guys generally hone their skills at lower levels of their sports first. Branham has been able to convey that same level of knowledge and passion, comparatively, on the fly. In addition to his Dynamo duties, Branham handles radio play-by-play for various University of Houston sports, sideline duties for the Cougar football team and U of H studio shows on ROOT Sports. Enjoy Branham while he’s still doing these assignments in Houston, because his sound and work ethic will undoubtedly take him to bigger assignments down the road.

1 Like

I would agree with this assessment.

I am a big fan of Branham. I hope UH can hold onto him for a while but I think he will have more opportunities come his way/