Jimbo

Yep the NCAA could stop this nonsense every year with the ridiculous early signing period.
There should be no contact until after the bowls, either they change the date or if you’re blowing out your coach you pay the price by missing out on early signing.

3 Likes

If you fire your coach and miss early signing you lose half your recruits.
If you change the date but fire your coach you lose recruits
If your coach decides to leave but they still sign to early period they’ll resent it maybe even transfer out.
If your coach leaves at the end of contract or at the end of season. They lied and werent in the games (if the season was bad) or they wanted another job.

The early signing is for the recruits that are in love with the school. Or atleast its intended that way.

My point is. a break up sucks regardless of how it happens. Theres a good way of breaking up by being honest by saying what you feel from the get go to everyone. And then theres the Hermans, Fisher, Toads, Sumlins, Briles and Tubervilles of the game. :expressionless:

3 Likes

My gut reaction is…from a football standpoint, he took the lesser of two jobs.

My gut has been wrong before.

2 Likes

Urban Meyer stayed at Utah until after their bowl game. So it can be done.

2 Likes

A&M sinks to a new low. Going after Sumlin before the conference championship game was one thing. Going after Jimbo before FSU even finishes the regular season, 1 win short of going to a bowl game, makes both A&M and Jimbo look worse than Graham.

I don’t see how any parent would approve of their kid committing to A&M and Jimbo.

Also seems like state legislators should have something to say about how A&M and Texas seem to have no filter on how much they are willing to spend on firing and hiring coaches thanks to the PUF money.

8 Likes

As much as they hate the other team doing it, they each love their own team doing it. Mutually Assured Destruction.

1 Like

They just said on ESPN that the terms of the contract are fully guaranteed.

Give them three years. They will not be successful.

1 Like

1998 is the last time they won their division and made it to the conference championship game.

I just don’t see that changing with Alabama, LSU and Auburn in their division.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/DanWetzel/status/936952885669220353

1 Like

He 100% took the lesser job which should scare A&M fans. He is only going there because of money and has very little incentive to be successful.

He saw the writing on the wall with what he has coming back to FSU. Time for a fresh start. Especially now that Miami is back in-division, and Clemson finally stopped Clemsoning, he’s got nothing left to play for in the ACC. Take the guaranteed cash and at least 4 years of leeway. Especially because any QB deficiencies will be blamed on Sumlin for a couple of years, given his record with everyone since Manziel.

2 Likes

There are plenty of ways to spin it, but if A&M offered the same as what was left on his FSU contract or only slightly more would he have taken it? Not a chance. It took an additional $30-40 million

He is only going there to get medical care for his son. Need to move on and support our school in the bowl game.

For sure, they knew all the flavors to put in his coffee to make it an offer he couldn’t refuse. I just don’t think he has a whole lot to make him want to stay in Tallahassee either, so a great offer is easy to take.

If aTm fills their stadium for Jimbo’s first two games, they more than pay his salary for the year at 102,000 seats.

Aren’t they in debt up to their eyeballs on that stadium?

1 Like

Gotta spend money to make money