Joe Cauthen out as defensive coordinator, Doug Belk new DC

For the non-baseball folks…that is a REAL mans shot…only 3 players ever did it

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more. I think our players respond great to his coaching and it definitely shows on the field

Why?.. The defense was one of the only things that improved last year…

3 Likes

Following Herman’s UT playbook, if in doubt fire the DC. Seriously they get rid of the guy who actually improved his unit. Why ?

4 Likes

Not against the pass…and in case you haven’t noticed, that is what most teams do now !

Oh, and how many TO’s did we have on Defense last year ?

3 Likes

“Why? Because the D should never outshine the O.”
(Clears throat. Drops mic. Coughs. Exits stage left.)

1 Like

How many TO did we have on offense last year .

2 Likes

“Last time I checked, there is no ‘D’ in champion. But there is an ‘O’”
(Removes visor, clears throat, gives a snarky grimace. Exits stage left)

5 Likes

Ooooooh, you like to do a little sidestep.

The subject was DEFENSE.

1 Like

Actually, I would like to see the offense return to the old CDH offense of the 2009 variety.

8 Likes

To coachv and Bultokid,
Lou Brock and Joe Adcock are two of the players to homer in the far section of right field at the Polo Grounds.
Whoever the next defensive coordinator is, he needs to be a Polo Grounds home run hire.

Are people reading or just posting? CJC was not retained out of fear of losing Belk. No one was fired.

Belk is smart, focused, detail oriented and a disciple of Nick Saban. Yes, a Polo Grounds HR

xsmithcoog is not correct

4 Likes

Wait, the subject was DEFENSE…:stuck_out_tongue:. K, am being shifty again EE

What did I get incorrect?

Hold on! I’m calling bogus. There was no center field in the old Polo Grounds. It was a horseshoe. Hit the ball over the CF’s head, and it would roll forever.

Now, you want to talk real home runs, the only person to hit it out of the Old Yankee Stadium was Josh Gibson, and he did it the hard way; over the left field decking and facade. Never mind a Man’s HR; that was a Titan’s shot!

So, lets talk about Yankee Stadium home run hires. :wink:

1 Like

Payton Turner thinks very highly of coach Early. This interview/film breakdown is worth watching if you haven’t seen it already.

5 Likes

As I have mentioned in another thread I do not have the connections with the program I had years back. Coach V does and has had close ties for many years. I appreciate his posts and give them credibility.

10 Likes

As do I. I just want to know what specific part of my post was incorrect. I wasn’t trying to be a jerk, just looking to understand the situation.

Exactly. I don’t get it. We haven’t had a bring back John Jenkins thread for a little while, I am sure it will pop up soon.

1 Like