Joe Davis

As you can tell by my username, I was born and raised in Buffalo. I have to go back this week for a family emergency. I was bummed that my hometown team (Buffalo Bisons) weren’t in town. But there’s a single A team about 45 minutes away in a town called Batavia. Looked it up, and they happen to be playing the Lowell Spinners, which happens to be where our very own Joe Davis will be playing. So while I’m bummed about the emergency, my brother needs a break, and that’d be a good excuse to have a little fun in all the chaos.

3 Likes

Go see him. He had a really good day a few days ago with his 1st homer and is driving in quite a few runs.

2 Likes

Minor league baseball, especially lower level, is always a blast in my experience and is usually a pretty cheap ticket.

3 Likes

Here’s his MiLB page. Pretty sporty numbers for his first nine games.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/KVASportsLLC/status/1149684877261856768

Nice pic, Joe!

https://twitter.com/JoeDriscoll20/status/1149809801913937920

2 Likes

Yep. I got to the game. Unfortunately with my luck it happened to be his day off. Was cool to talk to him for a minute though. Found out specifically what he did to get banned from his day off. Triolo is playing in the same league. I wasn’t really rooting for anybody to begin with,

I grew up in Buffalo that has a AAA team, but our stadium was 20,000 seats and built to expand to 40,000. So it always had what was pretty close a major league atmosphere. I guess I was planning on rooting for Batavia after I realized Joe wasn’t playing. but my brother and I bought tickets right behind Lowell’s dugout. The players and coaches were so friendly to us that we found ourselves rooting for the visitors anyway. That’s something you just don’t get in the bigs.

3 Likes

I’d love it if some smaller minor league baseball was driving distance. Not that Round Rock, SA and Corpus aren’t a fun experience in their own right but I’d love to catch a game at an intimate environment like that.

Great stuff, glad you got to go!

2 Likes

I don’t get whey they don’t use college stadiums for these low-a, especially short season or wooden bat summer leagues. Other than a few high school our stadium and Rice’s just sits there empty from June (at the latest if we’re not hosting playoff tourneys) until February rolls around. It has the seating, and facility needed. Is there some sort of NCAA regulations against it?

1 Like

Actually UH, Rice and SHSU host HS tournaments most Th-Sun during June and July.