Johnathan Phenix moving to RB?

I like Applewhite’s “NOW” plan.

From mom:

https://twitter.com/beautifultruly/status/1034893109086363648

3 Likes

Likewise. If not, a single injury at running back is going to derail this offense. Here’s to the latter proving true my friend.

That was like 50 years ago. lol If he’s on the field playing this year, then he’ll have to hurry. I don’t see coaches putting him on if he doesn’t show urgency.

I don’t think so. We’ve got Williams, Car, Carr, Justice, Walker, Burrell. One guy going down won’t wreck us.

Those are just bodies, reliability determines depth. I don’t know that anyone outside of Mulbah is proven reliable yet. Furthermore, Mullbah is probably the least explosive out of all of them, but is seeing the field instead. That doesn’t really suggest that these guys can be trusted to pick up a ton of carries barring injuries. Hopefully I’m both wrong and have zero injuries at RB.

1 Like

I don’t know what Josh does in regular practices but I’ve always liked how hard he runs in the scrimmages. Disappointed he wasn’t given any game time opportunities last year. With the grad transfer and Phenix move, it’s not looking great this year for playing time either.

Josh Burrell was awarded a scholarship this fall.

While that was a nice gesture, it doesn’t really mean anything. It’s just a reward for sticking with the program and working hard. My little brother got a track scholarship his senior year at Baylor for the same reason. He was a walk on who stuck with the program the whole way.

1 Like

Burrell’s one of the leaders in special teams.

1 Like

What a crap thing to say about Burrell. I think you’re confusing your effort “sticking around” a Coogfan’s forum and “working hard” writing a haughty, dismissive post about Burrell with his contribution to UH football. Here’s the kicker, you also trashed your brother’s collegiate athletic career.

ck

PS Good troll move going after a player by name BTW! Not DiehardTroll77655 “Where’s my H-Town Takeover?” good…but good.

Who the heck are you? That wasn’t meant to be disparaging to Burrell or my brother. There’s a reason some walkons don’t get scholarships until their senior seasons. Doesn’t mean they’re terrible or they would have gotten cut. Take a hike dude.

1 Like

From your post: “it doesn’t really mean anything.” To refresh your memory “it” refers to Burrell’s scholly; the ONLY player of the SIX players you named.

That’s master trollmanship. Run down a player by name and by inference the program. All of trolldom is proud. Just take the compliment dude.

Maybe you should take the time to actually read the rest of the thread. The question was about Burrell getting carries, someone mentioned he got a scholarship, I responded based on personal experience. I’m not the troll here.

There are plenty of seniors on the team who’ve been around for 4 years and didn’t get a scholarship. CMA says it’s based on what you in practice. I take him at his word.

Your reply had NOTHING to do with “Burrell’s carries.” Incredulously you pounced with trollish zeal and turned the thread away from carries and onto Burrell’s scholly.

My goodness you backed up your "“it really doesn’t mean anything” claim with the anecdote about your brother. In doing so you threw your own brother and Burrell under the SAME bus while also equivocating BU track and UH football athletes. The troll is strong in this one.

The way i read it it was related to his carries. Just because you are on scholarship does not necessarily mean you will get carries. In his text he wrote “its something you get for sticking with the team AND working hard.” which is what it is when you’re a walk on… That doesnt sound like trolling at all. lets move on.

2 Likes

You’re saying I took his comments “(Burell’s scholly) doesn’t really mean anything” out of context and that in context he didn’t mean what he said? Did you run track at Baylor as a walk-on?

This thread is getting a little bit (maybe a lot) raw. Please remember that this is a salon and not a saloon. let us discuss issues and ideas and beliefs without getting personal. I also want to say that I do not think anyone on this thread is a troll. Longhorn Matt was a troll.

2 Likes

Really ready for the admins to install a mute button. Good Lord!

2 Likes