Johnson getting Draft Buzz

The Athletic’s Dan Brugler (formerly of NFLdraftScout). just released an article hyping up the potential of johnson…

says he could be developed into a Richard Sherman type of player, similar to him when he was at stanford
note the article is behind a paywall

3 Likes

all about the height

Johnson has great size and speed. Just needs to work on locating the ball and making a play. He looked much better in that regard against Arizona than he did Rice. Let’s hope he keeps improving. Really going to need him this week against Tech’s really tall receivers.

4 Likes

I have no idea why…

Two things you can’t teach. Length and speed.

I really feel like Willo had it down at this point. Don’t think johnson will be a 1st round, maybe 5th for potential.

2 Likes

Seems like a stretch at the moment but he will have lots of scouts that see him the rest of the season with Oliver playing. I haven’t a clue how to grade NFL prospects so I will leave it at that

I think you’re right. Really needs consistent coaching to utilize his size and speed…only 2nd year as a DB and already on his 2nd coach. There is potential there, but its raw.

1 Like

TWSS

2 Likes

I think enhancing speed can be taught. Players can have a natural speed but proper technique and focusing on training your fast twitch muscles can make the athlete faster. Now if you are born with a low amount of fast twitch fibers, your crap out of luck. :slight_smile:

He is only a 2nd year DB, based on potential there is so much to like. Now Johnson has to put it on tape. Just a few plays that show him playing the ball or making the play and he’s a top draft pick. Looks like he’ll have plenty of opportunities, just needs to make some plays, I’m really pulling for him, it will be huge if he can contribute.

1 Like

Is he a Senior ?

Yes, he is a Senior…

This is more on becoming quicker. Johnson and few others can run a 4.4 and that’s top end. You can’t get faster on the top end.