Jordan Jumpman Brand Affiliation

I still think the Jordan Jumpman affiliation is a HUGE deal and we will get access to some big recruits because of it (plus the other great things we are doing) but I’m still not seeing the Houston Cougar Jordan Jumpman collection items on Nikes’ official website. I’ve called a few time and I’ve gotten everything from “we have no idea what they place on the website” to “possibly check back near the NCAA Tournament”

Anyway, I’ve noticed three other things…

1. Our Jumpman logo is much smaller than the one on the jersey’s of other schools. Maybe it’s because it’s our first year but why would Nike diminish an affiliation they agreed to? Maybe its just how we place it on our jersey? Who knows but it appears to be less prominent than say the one on a Michigan jersey.

2. It appears as if the Jordan brand chooses ONE school, per conference EXCEPT for the Big East which has TWO. Also, there are zero Jumpman programs in the PAC.

3. All of the selected Basketball programs also include an affiliation with the Women’s teams except for the two additions (Houston and San Diego State). Not sure if our Women’s BB team will wear the Jumpman logo in the coming seasons but ALL other programs do wear them for both Mens and Womens BB.

Here is the breakdown, per conference

AAC
Houston (Mens only)

ACC
North Carolina (Mens and Womens)

B1G
Michigan (Mens and Womens)

Big 12
Oklahoma (Mens and Womens)

Big East
Marquette (Mens and Womens)
Georgetown (Mens and Womens)

MWC
San Diego State (Mens only)

PAC
None

SEC
Florida (Mens and Womens)

2 Likes

We are definitely the growth stock that Nike has invested in.

2 Likes

If the pac added us they’d have a Jordan School. #justsayin

11 Likes

Does the size of the logo have to do with the font or the size of the font on the rest of the jersey?

3 Likes

Kinda funny mentioning the PAC12 in a basketball thread seeing as AAC basketball is better than PAC12 basketball. Maybe, there is a reason the PAC12 doesn’t have the Jumpman brand. :thinking: Next year the AAC will be a top 4 basketball conference. Print it.

5 Likes

You would think Oregon would be the Jumpman school because of Phil Knight but maybe he wanted to maintain that one as a ‘Nike’ school.

3 Likes

San Diego St ??

1 Like

I would say that Phil Knight would want his school to be Nike.

Only dissapointment with Jumpman brand this year is we can’t buy polos or stickers with it. Not sure if they sell stickers elsewhere. Of course I would also love some Coog shoes too.

I just called again to question why there is no Houston Cougar Jumpan collection on the official Nike website. Someone will be getting back to me…I will let you know. I too am disappointed that a huge company Nike did not time this release…especially since we are a top ten program!

3 Likes

I dont see Texas or Texas A & M on there…And I am fine with that. We are the elite program in Texas…(Sorry UTEP)…!!!

1 Like

Mountain West…

Please explain why the Jordan brand is important to the UH BB program? I’m not as knowledgeable on this issue as the rest of you.

The kids like Jordan brand anything. Can be a huge recruiting tool. Kids are willing to pay over $200.00 for Jordan snickers…now they get free Jordan snickers just to play at a “Jordan School”…

2 Likes

Michael Jordan is the G.O.A.T. His reputation proceeds himself. Six (6) championships, Six (6) MVP’s. It’s gotta be the shoes !!! The Air Jordan Jumpman logo is iconic and only a handful of universities have the opportunity to be included in the rare air fraternity.

Very nice observation. It’s interesting that some of the Jordan schools you have listed for basketball are also Jordan schools for football. UofH is Jordan brand in basketball, but Nike in football.

Jordon screams winner. It’s a marketing golden goose.

1 Like

Those warmups still make me cringe. We are HOUSTON!

2 Likes

“Jordan Snickers”? Wanna get away???

2 Likes

If anyone honestly believes that we are going to get more “big time” recruits because of a logo and shoes, they are fooling themselves. Sampson isn’t out recruiting players who want to wear logos other than the UH logo and those who truly want to be part of the success that he is building there now. So someone please tell me…what “big time” recruits do we have coming in next year that committed to the program based on the Jumpman logo?

Which logo would you prefer on your new GM car, the Cadillac logo or the Chevy logo?