Jordan Jumpman Brand Affiliation

I’d pay the $60 or whatever it is for the replica shorts that you can buy for every other Jordan branded team.

To think about it I have to think the MJ himself signed off on our selection. Maybe it was respect for Sampson, but I have to think it was partly nostalgia…he came from the Hakeem and Clyde and Guy V. era.

It has me looking at Jordans for the first time in like 20 years and I’m nearly 40. I can’t even imagine the impact this has on the actual age and socioeconomic targeted group.
Check out these bad boys…

3 Likes

Someone asked on another tread in light of Zion’s injury last night if Duke was a Jumpman school. As the list above shows, Duke is not a Jumpman school. North Carolina is the ACC Jumpman school (surprise, surprise). Duke is just a plain Nike school. Jumpman apparel is manufactured in Paris on top of the Eiffel Tower by descendants of the exiled Romanovs. If Z.W. had been wearing Jumpman’s this never would have happened.

5 Likes

Our Jordan uniforms are terrible, our home whites look like practice jerseys. Same with road reds. The grey are at least not bland. Hope we don’t squander this opportunity. Jordan branding isn’t for the meek, its for the brash.

As a Coog fan and frequenter of this message board, it truly never ceases to amaze me at how many things that can be found to complain about. It’s amazing. I think our uniforms are sharp by the way. Nice and clean and simple. Not a bunch of craziness going on.

8 Likes

Scooped up a pair of these when they came out. Thought it was ridiculous I had to order UH special edition shoes from a store in Chicago when we had a location here in Houston.

1 Like

Link or store info?

Isn’t it crazy?? We are enjoying the best season in decades and people still want to find something to complain about. It’s mind boggling. Why can’t some people just enjoy the ride.

1 Like

Sign me up! :sunglasses:

But, some of are old and crotchety. My mom always told me to act my age when I was a kid; why not when I’m old? :wink:

4 Likes

Well, I’m going to complain about you being amazed about things we complain about. How dare you! :wink:

2 Likes

And neither am I surprised about the complaining about the complaining. I guess this qualifies as complaining about the complaining about the complainers.

4 Likes

Do we need to file an official complaint!

If he complainers weren’t so old, there would already be a change.org petition. :smile:

2 Likes

I’m not complaining, I just want the best for my school. Same as when I posted I didn’t care for Applewhite. I always want what’s best for UH. What’s wrong with that? Good is the enemy of Great.

3 Likes

This makes no sense. No one has hyped up our affiliation with Jordan more than CKS. When he was listing our accomplishments from last season, being chosen for Jordan brand affiliation was one of his few bullet points right after making the tourney. Someone recorded when he made the surprise announcement and passed out shoes to the team, which he was very happy to deliver and the team got very hyped to receive. He’s spoken about how he expected the affiliation to give him more credibility in recruiting, but even he’s been surprised about how well the affiliation is received by recruits.

Recruits make decisions for all types of reasons, but one factor for a lot of recruits is that they want to play with a “big time” program. Our affiliation with Jordan helps us make a better case that we’re big time.

5 Likes

Exactly. In football, certain programs can claim Coogs aren’t big-time and they don’t play big-time ball and will be believed.
They can try it in basketball now and if a UT or similar school say that the recruit will look at them like they are idiots.
We’re a Jordan brand and they aren’t. We’re the big-time program and they aren’t.

6 Likes

The H

2 Likes

Go back and listen to what Sampson said was a big reason why UH was considered for the Jordan brand. His relationship with Chris Paul as well as a long time relationship with Nike and Jordan. Sure it certainly helps that the Coogs are now winning again in basketball, but to say that is a deciding factor in recruits signing on to play with a “big time” program is debatable. Again, show me those recruits that made their decision to come to UH because of the shoes.

1 Like