Just got a call from the UH ticket office

They asked me essentially if I had any concerns about the upcoming season…and I was like, you mean the 2021-2022 season?

3 Likes

LMAO

We need football, man. Fatality rates for people under 24 is basically zero. I don’t care if they play in front of no one. Skipping the season altogether makes no sense.

9 Likes

Not that its all about money, but for many programs/conference it is. I think that we could somehow (and most AAC can), but the MAC, CUSA, MWC teams probably can’t. The MAC needs those beat down games and otherwise run pretty low budget programs.

Agree but our fan base is also comprised of a lot of old white people lol. Could be a problem. But hey play and I will take the risk

6 Likes

Meh. Still haven’t gotten around to feel any sort of hype for this “season”. Everyone is alluding to a cancellation so I won’t hold my breath. If they’re playing NBA, Champions League, MLS, La Liga, Premier and UFC. I guess it’s happening.

How crappy is it right now ???
Business news this morning reported that in the state of Colorado alone last month, $6.4 Million was wagered on Ping Pong…
Ping Pong.

I can’t wait til later this summer when ESPN broadcasts its annual Spelling Bee Snoozer, when little Johnny Bliffelflits, from Lawrence, Kansas is a 24/1 odds on favorite…

2 Likes

I’m an old white guy with underlying medical conditions (2 heart attacks and type 2 diabetes) and I am all in for the season. I figure if I can live thru the heat, no little old virus scare is going to hold me back.

3 Likes

With this heat wave…the virus is a goner !!

I am with you 100% Brad!

I wish EECOOG69 was correct on the heat stopping COVID-19, but it is not the flu.

From a Harvard associate professor of epidemiology –

Some experts were hopeful that the summer heat would dissipate the COVID-19 virus and provide a brief period of relief, but others expressed reservations on the notion of heat having a dampening effect on the virus in the early days of the pandemic, since many areas where the virus had begun to spread were in the midst of hot summers already.

“I never thought that,” Dr. William Hanage, an associate professor of epidemiology at Harvard University, said. “I think that what we have been seeing across the South and indeed in Brazil has suggested that temperature really doesn’t get too much in the way of this virus, unfortunately.”

Hanage said that a lot of the confusion surrounding the virus has come from the public comparing the coronavirus to the flu.

“It’s not really like the flu. It’s a respiratory virus, but beyond that it’s not that much in common. The flu does show a strong seasonality, and part of the reason for that is that it transmits in cold, dry environments. When it gets hot and humid, like now, it’s not good for flu,” Hanage said.

2 Likes

I just talked to a young lady in the ticket office and got the scoop. No absolute decision has been made yet because of the fluidity of the situation. However, the there are several options in the works from refunds to having payments moved forward to 2021.

The impact of the governor’s edict about per cent of seats available will be the major determinate. As of now there are about 3000 season ticket holders – not tickets, holders – that would possibly max out projected available seats. (I assume student allotment is added to that.) Regardless, the odds are great that you will be moved to maintain social distancing. If you are, you will still retain your current seats for the following season.

She said they will be sending out emails and making calls after the details have been worked out. She estimated that should be done within the next 2 or 3 weeks. For all those who complain about our ticket office, I must say that this young lady was extremely helpful and pleasant. They are doing the best they can dealing with a difficult situation and moving target.

1 Like