Just out of curiosity

How many of you were posting on the very original message board that started around 1998 -99?

Those were the wild west days.

I miss DCraig. Now that was one messed up human.

8 Likes

I’ve only been here and the previous one since 2013ish I think.

I was here then. Dial up internet, and the Helton/Dimel days. Fun times.

8 Likes

I was here pretty close to the beginning. I met many at the coogfans tailgate. I still make Tijuana Mamas. I got the receipe from “Caliche Coog” if I recall.

I recall players coming by the Coogfans tailgate after the game.

3 Likes

I used to read the old board until MS Diana at Rothers convinced me to become a member and I could get discounts at the store.

2 Likes

I was on the original board as HotelCoogNewYork.

4 Likes

Hey I met you in NYC once. You still go to that bar and watch the games… firehouse saloon or something?

I joined up right when Sumlin arrived.

1 Like

I remember Rothers and Diana.

I recall when the Coogfans billboard went up by the practice field.

How the tailgates grew and it felt big time, like how other schools did it. It felt like UH arrived as a game day experience, not just a game.

Best decision to move the games back to campus. What would the program look like if it had not come back to campus?

Coogfans the board and the folks I met at tailgates swayed me from buying tickets to individual games to becoming a season ticket holder.

2 Likes

I don’t miss DCraig but I’ve been here.

3 Likes

Pretty much there from the beginning, a little late to the opening, but not much. Was coog4ever back then. Dcraig was quite the poster boy for the caricature of a 30 year old living in his parent’s basement eating twinkies and Cheetos while scarfing down sodas.

1 Like

I joined when I graduated in ‘02. I was NebraskaCoog on the other board. I was stationed in Nebraska for the first six years of my military career.

1 Like

I started on the original Cougar’s Den on flash.net way back in 1995.

I’ve been on this board since its inception.

Always under the same username.

2 Likes

I was on board from the earliest days when tristate was running things.
I was living out of houston in those days…so it was a great connection back to the coog community for me.

1 Like

I didn’t join until 2006 which was my senior year at UH.

1 Like

Same here in that I was with the original CougarsDen and then the Original Coogfans that is now CougarsDigest and am now with this one from the start and CougarsDigest. I haven’t looked at CougarsDen in forever, does it still exist? I guess I can look it up.

I also miss Rothers and Diana.

1 Like

Technically, yes. But not really.

My kids loved Rothers. Game day meant they got Coog gear.

1 Like

I was there too with dial up

I started around 06…I think…more or less. Ha!

1 Like

Lol…i forget about dial up…when it could take hours to download things.

I got DSL in time for the UH vs UTEP game that was streamed. It was so pixelated you could hardly tell who was who…and the non stop ads for “The Tree Legged Monkey”…lol

1 Like