A few observations that may shed some light to this weekend with OU’s tendencies. Only maybe though… you know past performance does not predict the future and so forth.
- Mayfield has incredible escapability. We better wrap him up the first time.
- Mayfield is incredibly accurate, he only needs a second.
- Perine and Mixon are a scary combo, but they can be stopped.
- Tennessee played great defense all game, it was stupid stupid penalties that cost them the game. We have to be disciplined to beat OU.
- Thank the football gods Sterling graduated.
- Oklahoma struggled with everybody last year who ran a zone read and a running QB.
- Tennessee rushed the edges and disrupted Mayfield for much of the game, at one point he was 8/25… Our speed on the end and blitzes I think will cause OU problems.
- Oklahoma is beatable.
- We have to play 60 minutes, the Air Raid can stink for 55 minutes and beat you in 5.
- I think we run all over Oklahoma.
- This game will be tough.
- If we play Oklahoma middle of season, would be much tougher, I think we will have less rust and execute better than they will.