Justin Murphy

Then dont start the season 1-3, pull off a big uset, and maybe we don’t have to strategically redshirt players

Since he only played 4 games can he go somewhere else next year?

No. This was his sixth year.

I think I’d be pretty pissed if I moved halfway across the country for one final shot, and the team captain quit. I’m sure he could have stayed at UCLA or gone several places.

11 Likes

Seriously, stop saying King quit…you are acting like children. CDH hinted that he might selectively exercise the 4 game redshirt rule BEFORE the season started. CDH pitched it to King to help the program, to take one for the team, to sacrifice his eligibility this year to help the University of Houston. He VOLUNTEERED to sit out the year to.buy into what coach was building.

In return, King will continue to get stronger from his injury, he will have extra time to learn the playbook, and come back with more depth which will help the Houston Cougars big picture

For the next one who says he quit, I’m going to ask how impulsive and impatient you are in real life.

19 Likes

Awesome statement. Go Coogs!

1 Like

I have STATED this before…thanks for the repost!

1 Like

I missed this situation. When, where, why?

1 Like

The O line play at NT was improved. However we are thin there. Not good to lose anyone.

1 Like

We also played North Texas. I have to think that their line will be a drop off from what we see in the AAC.

2 Likes

Regardless of the situation, he has a right to be upset that the commitment he put in is for nothing. He didn’t cause those losses on his own, either. Plus it’s not like a redshirting situation like this happens every year, so it must have blindsided him. I don’t know what happened at practice though. I can just sympathize with him on that.

I don’t know his nfl prospects and don’t even know if that was his plan. I’m just speaking from the standpoint of him moving from UCLA and looking to enjoy his final season at UH.

He can be mad all he wants, but the way he handled it was wrong. So coach was like adios amigo. We’re trying to build a winning culture at UH.

1 Like

Turns out, the altercation is not why he left the team. He retired due to injury…knees finally gave out on him.

19 Likes

Not a big fan of 1 year grad transfers in football.
The investment just isn’t there.

3 Likes

Another casualty of the major incompetence/negligence of the previous regime(s).

Except he was brought in by the current regime… whoops.

8 Likes

Yes, but the redshirt situation falls squarely on Major’s shoulders. That was what I was referring to.

1 Like

7 Likes

The redshirt situation falls more to Herman than Applewhite.
Applewhite burned a few redshirts that did not have to be burned.
Herman put Applewhite into a bad position as well with his lack of recruiting and losing a recruiting class.

6 Likes