Kareem Jabbar laughs out loud over MJ named greatest college player

I have not seen many people dunk from behind the foul line. I’ve seen a lot do it from on the line or just inside… I think the only two I’ve seen do it are James White from cinci and Mike Connely Sr the Olympic long jumper (at 6 ft 1)… maybe Zach Levine?

Wooden told Kareem to stop running up and slapping the top of the backboard because he might cut his hand. Chamberlain kept getting better and when they played against each other in the NBA
playoffs, Lakers versus Bucks, Kareem only had a small advantage. The only other player I saw slow Kareem down was the USC center who held on to the back of his shorts. That was pretty funny.

Wilt could block Jabbar’s shot and was much stronger, faster and better rebounder. In his prime no one was foolish enough to try to block his dunk shots, not even the greatest shot blocker ever named Bill Russel

1 Like

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=airplane+kareem+abdul+jabbar+scene&view=detail&mid=7F6597462236981C933E7F6597462236981C933E&FORM=VIRE

2 Likes

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=airplane+i+picked+a+bad+week&view=detail&mid=6ECA798F828A50A77BAC6ECA798F828A50A77BAC&FORM=VIRE

1 Like

This thread has taken a most pleasant turn.

Kareem was also in The Fish That Saved Pittsburgh.

Wilt left early which makes Jabbar’s career more significant

So did Jordan…and Hakeem…Elvin and Jabbar played all four years because they had to…

Chamberlain had a two year (couldn’t play varsity as a freshman) averaging close to 30 points and 18 rebounds per game…and that was on an excellent Kansas team…he reportedly had a falling out with the KU coach and left and played with the Globetrotters a year before becoming a dominant NBA player…

You’ve all left out David Thompson. ACC historians rank him as the best player in ACC history. I was in school at the same time as MJ and Ralph Sampson. Hard to say which one of them was better. I think Sampson played four years an MJ only three.

No Thompson was in before them. He played on a team with a 5’4" guard and a 7’5" center. They beat Bill Walton’s senior team in the semi finals of the NCAA’s.

Yes, he was just mentioning some of the past great players in AAC. Thompson won Ship in 74 I do believe.

I saw a play at the Hof where The Dream blocked a shot and tipped it to Clyde. He took the ball in stride, left the court at the free throw line and slammed it home on the way past.

Clyde had some awesome dunks… that one time he jumped over that Memphis state dude was epic, but I’m thinking leaving behind the stripe… I don’t think Clyde could do that. At least not when he was in he nba.

2 Likes

One of the best dunks I ever remember from Clyde was during his freshman year when he jetted down the court, took sail at around the free throw line and dunked over Aggie 6-11 center Rudy Woods…
The guy next to me on press row jabbed me and said “did you see that! That kid is going to be a star in the league one day.” That guy was LA Laker scout Jerry West…a HOF guard…

3 Likes