Keith Corbin in Transfer Portal

not surprising you and Reddragoncoog are feeding off one another once again

2 Likes

there are so many garbage posts to sift through to get just a small amount of information about our team.

I appreciate your posts and others on here that have some insight or clue about the team. The “fans” that continually post negative slanted posts, not so much. Now where is that ignore button again?

6 Likes

You just click on a person‘s avatar and go to their public page. In the drop down where it says normal, there is an option to mute or ignore. You can do this unless the person wants to hide behind anonymity and blocks their public profile from the board. Then it isn’t an option.

1 Like

I’d guess his first choice would be Miami?

really? its either that or playing time or he doesnt get along with the coach or he thinks he is going to get more exposure somewhere else, not much else that i can think of that would have him transfer?

Why not? He’d get to play with two former teammates. His catch radius is ridiculous. He made three ESPN top 10s with various catches IIRC.

:joy::grin:.

1 Like

That might be a Mike Tyson blow level. See what u did there!

1 Like

I don’t mute people. Living in an echo chamber of people that agree with me sounds boring.

On the other hand, I do mute conversations. The 1,264,975 threads about what is happening at UT and Herman’s demise (I get the shadenfreude, but just not my thing - my entire family with the exception of my mother and I who are UH grads, graduated from UT. I hear enough of it at family events)
 that and conference realignment speculation get muted. If you have been on the old CoogFans and this one long enough, there are no new ideas in regards to realignment. I started on CoogFans in 2002 or 2003.

2 Likes

Most don’t probably, but I always appreciate your honesty on where you think the program is at and is going. Reality when not good is one of the toughest things to face and accept.
#GoCoogs

1 Like

I read your stuff, @Jesse22. I read @imauhcoog as well. I do see some positives with the program right now, namely on defense. Losing Corbin isn’t one of those positives (back to the subject). I hope this transfer from TT lights it up.

1 Like

Yes, really! You just gave another bunch of assumptions, none of which may be correct or perhaps you did hit on one. Who knows? If you must make assumptions, couldn’t you make the bias more positive? He is a grad transfer, perhaps he just wants to see what it is like to play at a different school with the extra eligibility year. Perhaps he doesnt like the city anymore. Perhaps he is tired of the UH fan base that fails to show up at games. Perhaps he is tired of the negative comments from “fans” that know it all. Who knows?

4 Likes

well i guess im just frustrated with all these darn transfers, no committment in society anymore, just go where it feels good and do whatever u want, its all getting ridiculous.

understandable. Im not certain but it appears to me we have far fewer transfers than many other teams.

I agree with what you say. The school spirit for some players has diminished and was replaced with self. Playing as a team is not as important as playing as an individual to them. Texas is a great example of a team loaded with talent but low school spirit. Leaving the field without singing the sacred “EYES” was an indicator to me they had low school spirit.

2 Likes

Better get used to it. If anything changes, it’s only going to increase.

1 Like

It’d be awful boring if we all agreed on everything. Think I came on CF in 2005 iirc. Might not agree on all but enjoy your takes. They’re fair and more precise than mine, generally :grinning:

1 Like

The free market is a great thing. Corbin was at UH for 5 years so not sure if he really falls into your category. He took a step back and with the Tech transfer, Dell breaking out, and Trahan, probably is just the 3rd option next year. Maybe he wants to go somewhere he can be the for sure #1 or maybe he just wants to go check out somewhere else for another free year of college/living.

1 Like

As a grad transfer, Corbin has fulfilled his scholarship obligation to UH. He owes us nothing more.

I wish him well wherever he lands. Thanks to him for choosing UH five years ago.

8 Likes

Understand and somewhat agree but just about all institutions are corrupt and unworthy of any respect, much less any kind of loyalty. This is the world in which these kids are growing up.

Loyalty is for suckers in American society at all levels, and has been since at least the 80’s. If you aren’t looking out for you and your interests no one else will.

1 Like