Kelvin Sampson: "...I don't think I've ever had a Christmas vacation since I was a little boy..."

Kelvin Sampson speaks with the media and gives a bit of a college basketball history lesson on the players he’s coached against when his teams participated in tournaments in Hawaii. Sampson also discusses the limited time off basketball players and coaches have during the holidays. Plus, he reminds us basketball is a two semester college sport.

13 Likes

Great information from CKS on this. Thanks for posting.

1 Like

Yes, thanks for this. I never looked at it this way before. I figured they would take a few days off at Christmas, at least when they wasn’t a tourney or game right around the corner.

Love CKS. But no sympathy for millionaires in the sports industry.

Then you can have sympathy for all the staffers that certainly aren’t millionaires.

2 Likes

Which ‘millionaires In the sports industry’?

Certainly not the college players. Nor the folks who work in college sports information; video; health / training staff; etc.

2 Likes

Was the comment about him or about staff and players? Boo hoo. Even if it is, oh the drudgery. This year they “all” had to suffer through an all expense paid trip to Hawaii and then suffer the indignation of playing basketball. I guess CKS won’t be mentioning such road trips in the future when recruiting. This is what you sign up for.

1 Like

It doesn’t matter how much you love your job, when the holidays roll around parents and grandparents, etc., just want to hang out with family, bounce the little ones on their knee and watch “It’s A Wonderful Life”.

If you don’t get that, I feel sorry for you.

And, I don’t think coach was complaining about it. If it bugged him that much or his family, he wouldn’t be in the business.

1 Like

If it means that much then get out of the business that is taking you away from watching a movie. “I feel sorry for you.” What a joke. I’ve spent many holidays away from family due to job commitments. No complaints. Can’t wait for your prediction of an undefeated football season next year.

I prefer Die Hard and Elf. :grinning:

1 Like

I also like Die Hard, but I’ll add in Lethal Weapon . . . . .

1 Like