Kelvin Sampson: "I think he (Reggie Chaney) fits the way we play."

https://twitter.com/TheHRReview/status/1316755328915120132

8 Likes

Awesome

With guys like Chaney and Roberts returning along with Ambrester and Francis we will have the hardest playing front line in America.
Not to discount this year’s squad with Gresham and Gorham who are going to be great role models this season and of course White for next season.

4 Likes

How about our 6-10 center Kiyron Powell from Ind.

3 Likes

I think this will be a developmental year for a Powell but in certain matchups may be valuable.

I think Gresham,Chaney, Roberts and Gorham get the bulk of minutes with some small ball mixed in as well. Hopefully we can still find some good minutes for Powell.

2 Likes

Well given that it won’t affect him Covid red shirt wise, I expect to get some run when a game is out reach.

Did that announce that basketball will also have a free pass this season?

I think Cheney is in store for a great year. The more I watch his film, the more excited I get about what he can bring to the team. He’s
a high energy guy. The kid hustles his butt off and runs the floor well for a 6’8” kid. He’s athletic, rebounds in traffic, and goes after those 50-50 balls much in the same manner as Hinton. Can’t wait to see what he brings to the table.