Notes and Numbers
- Saturday will mark the 31st meeting between the Red Raiders and Cougars. Houston holds an 18-11-1 advantage.
- Tech won the last meeting in 2010, 35-20, in Lubbock.
- The Red Raiders owned the series in the 90's while Houston dominated from the early 70's to the mid 80's.
- Kliff Kingsbury and Major Applewhite met three times as players. Both played in the 2000 game, a win by Applewhite's Longhorns.
- Tech wideout Keke Coutee caught 12 passes last week vs. Arizona State.
- Through two games Shimonek has completed 78% of his passes.
- Houston hold the longest active home winning streak at 16 games.
- Kyle Allen leads the nation in completion percentage at 86%.
- Linell Bonner average 9.2 catches per game, good enough for 2nd nationally.