King cashes in on NIL

Not bashing King at all, just saying I don’t think he was right for DH’s offense…and after a horrible start Holgy and King obviously did not see eye to eye. Hopefully the offense gets things going this year and we get on track to battle for a conference title…

1 Like

So on the counter point, if King didn’t fit the offense then isn’t that equally on CDH for possibly not maximizing the best offensive talent we had at the moment by showing flexibility in his system?

7 Likes

Well, didn’t Holgy start him early? And do you really think King was performing at a high level? I think it all ended when Holgy sat him after a bad game and then King decided to bail…in defense of King he had the misfortunate of having too many head coaches and OC’s. So that’s why I think it worked out better for him to transfer to a more stable situation…

2 Likes

DK was so bad. How bad was he? So bad that he scored 50TDs in the (partial) season before DH got here. All the DK haters (or at least minimizers) don’t reference that stat.

2 Likes

There’s no DK haters. DK couldn’t pass the ball into a 50-acre cow pasture his last few games here. Dana should have gone ahead and made him a receiver early.

1 Like

What happened those first few games in 2019?

We had a square a playing in a circle offense against an OU team that was good. We beat prairie view like we were supposed to. Washington state was a close game. King was responsible for 75% of the total yardage and was the leading rusher. Tulane…remember how that ended…yeah that was on Dana. King looked off against a top 5 ou team. He was running for his life. He had a 100 yards on the ground and threw zero interceptions.

OU averaged 11 yards a play and that was on King…

Tulane he had 250 yards in the air, 100 plus on the ground. But when he got lost in coverage playing defense at 3:03 in this clip was when I thought King sucked.

1 Like

You might have started drinking a little too early today. King did not play defense. I think you are selectively forgetting how many wide open receivers he overthrew. I think it was this Tulane game where he missed an open receiver wide for a touchdown.

People these days seem to confuse hate with honesty. Every time someone says something truthful, and/or statistically factual, there is always someone who calls it hate. We don’t hate Dana or Tune, we just want them to win, or at the very least, make mark able improvement.
Beating cupcakes, and losing to peers is not markable improvement.

If we win the West with no more than one conference loss, and beat TT, then let the CDH fans come out loud and proud. The rest of us will be happy to eat the crow.

5 Likes

I think my sarcasm was lost about the defense part. Our d gave up the most ridiculous touchdown at the end of the Tulane game.

1 Like

When was he benched? Logan had 1 pass attempt and tune had zero in the first 4 games. And Logan’s was against pvam.

1 Like

Guess I missed it. Did King bench himself, tell everyone he would be back and then later bail out?

1 Like

Great first 16 minutes against Tulane. Scored 28 and then three the rest of the way.

Dana tried to make King something he wasn’t He was so terrified of King getting hurt that he tried to make him a pro style QB. That’s on Dana. Then King left for greener pastures and better coaching. That’s on Dana. Tune is the best that UH could trot out there for the past two seasons. That’s on Dana. We are in QB hell. That’s on Dana.

7 Likes

QB Hell - Yeah, that’s the ticket! - What a great recruiting moniker that would be for UH.

1 Like

So there is a QB coach, Coach Dawson, what’s his responsibility in this QB situation? Or is he just there for fun?

2 Likes

Dawson is not a coach I hold in high regard on this staff. He was a mediocre at best OC at Southern Miss, poorly regarded at WVU, and as far as I can tell a non factor on the recruiting trail. He seems to be little more than someone Dana likes personally and wants to keep around. Though he has no business being around.

2 Likes

Ultimately QB coaches don’t get credit for QBs. It’s the OC, and we know that’s Dana. Also Dana hires the QB coach. Just like Sarkesian gets credit for Carson Palmer, Matt Leinart, Mark Sanchez, Jake Locker, Tua T., Mac Jones, Sarkesian will get the blame or credit for UT’s QB performance. Kliff Kingsbury is an NFL head coach because he gets the credit for all his QB development as OC. Lincoln Riley gets all the credit for amazing QB play at OU-this is how this works. No one ever mentions the QB coach.

Now, my understanding is that WVU forced Dana to relinquish OC duties and hire a real OC. That might be what we really need. Our offense has been atrocious. We all hope it comes together, but all we really have is hope. Dana is still the guy, and he was allegedly fired as OC at WVU.

2 Likes

:eyes::eyes::eyes:

I was avoiding this thread because I knew it would delve into what it has become

“King played poorly and quit”-- ignores that king has had 4 different college head coaches, Dana is the only coach he didn’t thrive, he was dominant in HS aswell, dominant in 7 on7 aswell… those 4 games under Dana are the only bad on his name… maybe it is Dana … we’ve had no success with any QB under Dana

And something thats been on my spirit… there’s a group I often call “can’t criticize anything group” that isnt an appropriate nickname… They criticize the most and normally have the worst attacks, they just have a protected class that can do no wrong but will trash the rest

If I said good luck to tune and his career as a WR in the next level, I’d be slaughtered here

Or the numerous post that king could hit deep passes, ignoring he was elite at deep passes every year except the 4 games in the Dana offense (he is known for having an elite deep ball with his other 3 coaches)

There are A lot of attacks and it’s getting a ton of likes from the same higher than thou crew
And this is a common pattern… to defend tune they unfairly and demonstrably trashed the Oline
To defend Dana they will trash the talent, the “lazy” WR, trash the defense, trash the old QB, we were a desolate talentless place when Dana took over

Dana and tune have been amazing, it’s everyone else that has been terrible!!!

I was disappointed king left, but it was danas idea to have him redshirt and as far as transferring in hindsight that was undoubtedly the best decision for his life and his family, hard to be mad at that once you remove the Homer glasses, we’ve been bad, he is a Heisman/title contender at Miami… King situation has never bothered me, I’ve always had the mindset of “he’s gone how can we get better”

7 Likes