King to Miami - confirmed

Obviously he did not think he could have it in holgerson offense otherwise makes no sense

4 Likes

Really excited for D’Eriq and hope he excels/fulfills his FB dreams as a result of this change. He is a classy human being, man of faith, great teammate and outstanding/talented FB player! Pulling for you and go for it D’Eriq!!

5 Likes

Is everyone OK?

4 Likes

Hope we beat Miami in a bowl game.

8 Likes

How does this get him closer to the NFL?

5 Likes

https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/1218930535239766016

Whatever

4 Likes

Maybe his dad told the press Miami

12 Likes

The young man has issues keeping his word. Bye Felicia.

9 Likes

First game against Norte Dame. Second game against Clemson.

6 Likes

Whose schedule is that?

“King isn’t a good fit in the air raid”

Meanwhile Miami hires SMUs OC who runs the air raid. You can’t make this stuff up sometimes lol

12 Likes

Lashlee isn’t an air raid disciple. He did coach with Dykes for a couple of years at SMU but that was his only exposure to it. And, he’s been an OC for almost a decade.

2 Likes

I thought King would’ve been a fit better at Maryland. Playing in the Big Ten East with crossover games against Wisconsin, Minny and out conf game against WVU would be a larger platform for King to shine … or fail.

So I guess maybe Miami was the better choice.

I trust Berman, not King. Since Berman is reporting King, I guess we’ll have to see what happens. I just know that The Score is usually the last to report so I figured it’s a done deal.

2 Likes

Oh crap, read the schedule for the wrong sport.:nerd_face:

Why are Houston media reporters reporting on a player who left the local team…he left, why are we investing resources, time, energy into where he ends up?

Berman should stick to reporting on Houston area news…not national news.

1 Like

Yes. There is pretty clearly no longer any local interest in King as reflected on this board, including this thread you decided to post in.

5 Likes

The above link I posted updated. I think it’s official despite what he tells Berman.

Former Houston quarterback D’Eriq Kinghas informed coaches that he will transfer to Miami and begin classes Tuesday, reports Manny Navarro of The Athletic.

King played in four games for the Cougars in 2019 before choosing to redshirt for the remainder of the year to preserve his final year of eligibility. He broke out in 2018, throwing for 2,982 yards and 36 touchdowns and running for another 14 scores.

Houston went 1-3 with King leading the offense but finished 4-8 and fifth in the AAC. Sophomore Clayton Tune finished the season as the starter.

Meanwhile, Miami’s struggles at quarterback were underscored in their 14-0 Independence Bowl loss to Louisiana Tech on Dec. 26.

The Hurricanes played three quarterbacks in that game. Jarren Williams started under center and finished with 94 passing yards and one interception on just nine completions. Tate Martell got in one drive and finished with one pass and five rushes for 5 yards. N’Kosi Perry finished out the contest and went 5-for-13 for 52 yards and a pick.

King should immediately improve an offense that ranked 98th in the country in 2019.