King's Planned Visits

According to the Chron just now, he is visiting Miami and Maryland and has interest in Arkansas. Wow, who is guiding this young man?

2 Likes

Wow! Miami and Arkansas both have offensive lines that were in worse shape than ours this past year. He can choose better than that.

2 Likes

Uff
for the kid’s sake I was hoping he’d go back to TCU.

He never went to TCU.

He had committed to TCU then flipped to us

1 Like

What is now becoming perplexing to me is to go back after the dust settled and realize D’eriq King had 12 touchdowns in his 1st 4 games last year and had just broken Tim Tebow’s record of having at least one throwing TD and one rushing TD in X amount of games in a row. He was on pace for 36 touchdowns in the season, which although is a far cry from his record breaking Junior season, is still nothing to sneeze about and included stats from two of the tougher opponents on our schedule in OU and WSU. I just assumed that he would leave us for something great such as OU, LSU, etc. but to see him now possibly landing at a program like Maryland leaves me scratching my head a little bit. Is the grass greener on the other side of the fence?

The thing is, why leave UH unless there are anger issues between him/his Dad and Coach. Going to someplace that is similar to us last year vs. seeing our potential for this year with 36 RS’s coming in, all of the returning injured from last year, all of those transfers and some quality Rookees
 I don’t get it.

2 Likes

I don’t he would get drafted playing QB here. I think he should go to Wisconsin. I wish the guy luck and I would like to see if we could get the Costello kid from Stanford.

Based on what has been written, he and his dad told CDH they were shutting it down after game four. They let CDH take all of the heat, all of the tanking talk, and said nothing. Then, he turns around publicly and enters the transfer portal.

No, I don’t think there would be an issues.

As for the NFL? Maybe, but not as a QB.

4 Likes

We’ll find out I guess. But if he goes to those two schools, then his jersey will be just as green as whatever grass he plays football on. :flushed:

3 Likes

I guess it was a P5 or Bust mentality driving all of this because I don’t see how Arkansas, Miami or Maryland present much of an opportunity. LSU made sense given the exposure. Of the three, I would go Miami – best combo of brand, location and chance to win. The ACC is pretty open after Clemson. If he had more than 1 season, I could see Arkansas but his OC would probably leave after 2020!

I really think either it’s a personality conflict with the coach or he is getting some really bad advice.

4 Likes

The way this all played out, I hope he ends up somewhere with the promise of a staring position, and ends up sitting the entire damn season.

I get that he was dealt a bad hand at UH with the coaching turnover, but this whole deal was handled pretty poorly

6 Likes

The moment he put his name in the transfer portal I stopped caring about where he plays football next year

16 Likes

Could he change his mind and stay at UH?

Maryland? Miami? Meh

1 Like

Guys, read between the lines. This is not about a guarantee to play with a CFP contender. It is about not wanting to continue to play under Houston’s current coaching staff.

King is looking for a P5 school where he is guaranteed to start. That’s it.

4 Likes

sure would be a bad rub if he did.

actively testing the waters to see if he can go somewhere “better”, then staying at UH?

I don’t know how I’d feel about that at all. My gut says I’d tell him to go pound sand.

3 Likes

Last time we were told to “read between the lines”, the thread got shut down :grin:

So it’s not about trying to play at the next level? I guess at Arkansas he can be the guy that set the foundation of the turnaround when Arkansas went 3-9 in his only season. Oh well, I am not going to spend much time contemplating this.

This topic is not UH related. Why is it on coogfans?

lol What? King graduated from our fine institution. It’s UH related.

3 Likes