Kobe dies in helicopter accident

Have some empathy

4 Likes

I was. I just didnt think the news changed the atmosphere at Fertitta Center like Jeremy was saying on the radio. Did you not see my last post regarding the news being sad?

I will say that the daughter dieing is what makes it extra terrible news. It be hard for a family with the death of a father and husband but with the addition of a child dieing it makes it unfathomable. My earlier point was more directly basketball related because it is sad news

1 Like

I said it was sad news. Whatever.

There was a more subdued atmosphere after the news broke right before halftime

5 Likes

It was very quiet during the second half. Us (and Cougar Brass/those who didn’t really use their phone) were trying to keep up with hype, but it was obviously very different.

1 Like

Bless him, his daughter, and entire family who were lost. It definitely has been tough today.

5 Likes

I hear of way too many people dying in small planes and helicopters. They are more dangerous or at least not statistically as safe as large planes. You always hear about military helicopter crashes while training or private helicopter crashes.

4 Likes

RIP to all of them.

2 Likes

You have a higher chance of dying in your car, are you going to stop driving?

4 Likes

I guess that does makes sense. It is something about being in a helicopter or airplane where you have no control and an accident is near fatal of it happens. Not likely, but if it does, it is deadly.

1 Like

“singer, athlete, actor, or a band member” . . . . . some in each category have died in each of the following ways . . . . . drug overdose, stabbing, gun shot, run over by vehicle while being a pedestrian, vehicle crash, train crash and air plane crash . . . . . how would you plan to move from one venue to another . . . . .

I was affected more by the passing of Pat Tillman, who did much more for the US of A than most any other notable person I know of, at least in the last 30 to 40 years . . . . .

1 Like

1 Like

I was never a pro basketball fan and never followed Kobe, so I am really not emotionally invested in him; however, it is still a tragic loss for all those fans that did. I am sorry about the incident and feel for his daughters and wife who have lost so much in his death.

I am just as sorry for the families of the others who perished in the crash – including one of our own and his daughter.

One doesn’t have to be a fan of someone to realize the heartbreak sustained by so many because of this terrible accident. Kobe, Altobelli, and the others are gone and my sympathy is with their loved ones who are grieving as a result. I just hope they can cherish the memories, get through the pain, and wish them all well as they go through their individual grieving. Anyone who has sustained a sudden and tragic loss of a loved one knows that time doesn’t always heal; but it can help dull the pain.

16 Likes

That’s a stretch but I get your trying to slip your patriotism in here. Here’s the deal patriot: EVERY US service person KIA (friendly fire or not) has sacrificed EVERYTHING for their country.

You insult the families and the memory of all our service personnel who made the ultimate sacrifice when you attach extra special significance to an NFL player whom “gave up” his sports ball career to serve his country. Pat’s death was not MORE sacrifice.

Conflating sacrifice with tragedy in this instance is more about you and nothing about Kobe nor Pat. A1C William H. Pitsenbarger has been my hero since 1975 when I first learned of him in tech school. Kobe was one of my basketball heros. From what I’ve learned about Pits he would’ve loved Kobe too.

ck

3 Likes

Sad day. Especially for his family and his team.

Does anyone know if John Altobelli was related to the former MLB manager Joe Altobelli?

He was not according to someone in the Orioles organization where Joe A managed

1 Like

Thanks. With baseball in common it made me wonder.

1 Like