KR at D1 baseball says

Watching the games, the program is in serious need of a change…it’s just plain stale. CTW has been here 11 years now…121-120 in conference and 1 Super…move on and get Sean Allen before he’s gonzo as highly doubtful any top AC’s are going to come on board with the current situation.

6 Likes

What always attracted me to following the teams (outside of good winning baseball) was watching the young core guys grow up with the program. Maybe I’m wrong but it seems we had various patches of young core freshman that we got to see represent the university for years and get to know the guys. I just see a lot of patchwork random players filling out the roster with juco guys and transfers here to play a season and move on. Every year its a lot of new faces. Maybe Im wrong, thats just me.

2 Likes

Agree, it’s been very hard to get a handle on the last few teamoutside of 3-4 key players

1 Like

It’s a cultural thing. I don’t care what type of organization you are looking at, sports team, business etc. It starts with leadership. When you have poor leadership, you create a bad culture and subsequently will have high turnover. In fact, turnover is one of the best indicators of leadership issues in an organization. Kids aren’t going to hang around this program, especially with this years flexible transfer rule. I expect many of them will take advantage of it.

5 Likes

Even very successful teams can have high turnover with great leadership. Putting a lot of studs on one team, some are going to sit and go find an opportunity to go play if they dont see it in the cards for the next season.

If our freshman and sophmore highly touted recruits leave after this year it will be very disturbing. Let’s see what happens.

I dont know TW personally but think he has done a nice job overall and had some good success here. But we can’t be scared of change if he is not getting the job done. Expectations are always high with this program and the trend in recruiting and results is not good.

3 Likes

I agree. Look at Kentucky basketball. High turnover because they get the best talent in the nation and the kids are leaving for the NBA. But they win and they win a lot. They’re what I would consider a world class organization with great leadership. I think what we have here is a much different scenario. UH Baseball has other issues driving the turnover. I think you’ll be disappointed when you see the list of kids that enter the portal.

3 Likes

There are already over 1,100 names in the transfer portal as of today. In the next week or two, expect that number to double. Anyone have a premium subscription to D1 baseball Kendall Rogers and share who pops up from UH?

We will know who is gone by July 1st.

1 Like

More importantly will we know who we are getting from the portal or anywhere?

1 Like

Has NCAA ever released a definitive statement on eligibility status for this season? Have heard that it was being tossed around. I know that the JUCO boys are getting another freebie.

1 Like

If that is true, than they are are only considering the budget, not “winning”! That is very hard for me to accept! The best way to have our fans return in a big way is to show them that having the very best in every program is paramount to those who make those decisions!

2 Likes

Hell look at UH basketball. 4 starters 3 years in a row.

We need an exciting, dynamic personality.

what we need is to win

2 Likes

And that…lol

1 Like