Kyle Allen: 31-33, 316 yards

First downfield pass (traveling more than 12 yards in the air) was at the 5:46 mark of the 3rd quarter.
It was Postma to Lark on Postma’s first series. WR did a nice job going up for it. We need to use that more when the WR is single covered.
Upon further review Rice had ZERO chance of stopping us.
Brian Stewart is the DC. Guy is terrible.

Stewart only has so much to work with there.

Pretty impressive how the program has won with the different coaches - Stewart, Gibbs…

Yes, this week we’ll play against a David Gibbs coached defense at Texas Tech. Most Coogfans thought that Gibbs was nearly irreplaceable as the UH DC when we cut Tony Levine and hired Tom Herman.

And now Gibbs has a lot more to work with at TT (w/P5 $) than Stewart does at Rice. And yet now it seems that some folks think that Gibbs’ defense at TT won’t be any better than Stewart’s defense at Rice. Go figure.

1 Like

Exactly, we are talking about the same Gibbs. The man who developed Tstew, A McDonold, Hightower, Bowser, DJ Harden , D Mathews. Believe me Gibbs will bring it.
Still, it will be good to see ol’ Gibbs again.

Well to be fair, there were a good chunk of fans that thought Gibbs’ defense was not good. Those could be the same fans that think our offense will light up Tech. I for one have no clue why a defensive coordinator would work for a coach that runs the spread offense. I’ve seen games where the offense gave up more points than the defense and the defense get blamed for the final score.

It is when you complete 31 of 33 passes (94%). Basically a first down every time he threw the ball, except twice.

3 Likes

First of all i like bonner and dunbar, but neither can out run their shadow :wink:. If this game becomes a shootout, the good guys may not win. Tech’s two best are better than UH’s three best. Just saying.

Maybe you should have read the rest of the reply …

There was also one in the first quarter when Allen rolled out to escape pressure and threw across his body to Bonner about 20 yards downfield. I remember because I was in awe of the arm strength and accuracy on that throw.

3 Likes

Well it’s a good thing their receivers don’t cover our receivers.

4 Likes