Kyle Allen gonzo

Agreed. A big reason for his lack of productivity is play calling but given the right system he could be great. There are many factors that contribute to him looking like he wont make it “realistically” but he will. We can come back to this post in 2020 (Kyle Allen Super Bowl 2020). Regardless of all the hate towards him from fellow coogs even though he could have pick ANYWHERE to go but chose UH. SMH

The announcers and columnist will find a way to mention that he was an Aggie first. Same think with Duke; they’ve been saying “Texas transfer Duke Catalon” for 2 years now. lol They’ll find a way to the slide in the “from trash to treasure” narrative. It’s as if these two still attend the other schools. smh

1 Like

The NFL announcers usually only mention what college they left last as they don’t spend a whole lot of time on their college performance unless they were a stud there. Charles Sims is always touted as being from West Virginia even though he spent 4 years and graduated from Houston.

As far as Duke, I think the college announcers mention that he’s from Texas because, to the casual viewer, that’s supposed to mean that he’s talented.

3 Likes

Understood. I just wonder if the announcers know that we have P-5 talent all over our roster and recruiting classes every year, regardless of transfers. They just need to find more creative ways to mention some one is talented. They could literally say “Duke Catalon, the talented 4 star from Houston, Tx” and it wouldn’t be less accurate than what’s implied. Forgive my rant, what they have been doing is just a pet peeve of mine.

If I hear that one more time this upcoming season, I may go crazy. It will be 3 and a half years since he has been on UT’s roster. Or to put it in other terms, UT has lost 20 games since he transferred.

5 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

Agreed. It’s laziness on the part of the announcers as well as not giving credit to the audience.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/bd_mclaughlin/status/953390340433526784

1 Like

UH was mentioned almost everytime I watched any Michigan game with O’Korn playing. But that could also have been tied to how good he was here in 2013

True. They mainly mentioned him to say he was the Conference Freshman of the year with us.

That is your opinion but not how the scouts work. It’s like saying anyone playing in the FCS isn’t good enough to make an FBS team so they will never make an NFL roster.

Allen has an NFL body. The combines will determine the rest. Kellen Moore and Case Keenum are proof that having record throwing stats and/or the best winning percentage of a four year starter in FBS history, doesn’t get you drafted if you don’t put up great combine numbers.

The NFL has someone that advises college athletes if they have a shot at getting drafted before they declare. Whether Allen talked to that adviser and got a thumbs up, we probably won’t know.

1 Like

Not trying to be funny, but there is an “IT Factor” with Case…I don’t see it with Allen.

2 Likes

Agree. Case Keenum had the ability in college to scramble, extend plays, and then make something happen with his arm or feet. Keenum had pocket awareness and the “IT” factor. Small sample size with Allen, but I did not see his ability to make something out of nothing…I did not see the “IT” factor. Some guys have it, some do not. Good luck to Allen…thanks for being a UH Cougar in 2016-2017.

3 Likes

I agree 100%. I guess the two things that are going for Allen is that he does have the physical make up/skill set and there are plenty of NFL coaches like Bill O’Brien that will still salivate over him. So I think that gives him a shot to get a good look.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/AaronWilson_NFL/status/966310256438542336

Why is that?

1 Like

huh?

He’s from Arizona and he probably has an in with Herm Edwards.

He needs the exposure at this point so good on him.

Put yourself in his shoes. He needs all the help he can get. His degree will always say U of H. In case he makes it to the NFL. His bio will say U of H. Best of luck to him. We need all of the PR that we can get.

2 Likes

I wish him well!!

2 Likes