Kyle Allen gonzo

As a former footballer, he has always given me the impression he is more focused on the big time payoff and the NFL endgame then he ever was with just enjoying playing football and being in the moment. The multiple transfers, trouble fitting in & ASU combine stunt just confirm that.

I wish him well, but can’t help thinking his dad/family has likely been pushing this for years, and it won’t end well.

1 Like

I agree with you Richie. I have had the same “feeling” since his days at atm. Bouncing from School to School and enter the draft now is never a good sign. Natural abilities are not enough. Heart, desire and absolutely hating to lose make the difference. I truly wish him good luck but he has to do some introspection on how much he wants this. That is the bottom line.

No i was just confused because i was under the impression you could only do your pro day with the university you were attending.

No, there aren’t any restrictions when it comes to this process. Actually surprised more don’t try.

He is from Scottsdale and Tempe (ASU) is only 20/30 minutes away from his house.

Unless you’re a guy like Savage that has the NFL metrics and there are coaches like BOB and GM’s like Rick Smith, in which case you can get drafted in the 4th round.

9 Likes

NFL measurables for a QB always give you a good possibility of getting drafted somewhere late. I think it’s just part of the ego that if you have the physical things that can’t be coached they can be the ones to get you there even if others haven’t.

1 Like

Tom Savage is absolutely terrible though; Texans reached so much when picking him (Josh Allen could be in the same boat). The only “IT” he has is in reference to what he will be doing on the bench as long as Watson is the QB, sITting. lol

1 Like

Glad he has his degree, he’s going to need it soon. Million dollar arm, ten cent head.

1 Like

I don’t understand comments like this about the kid. Did he spit in your Cheerios one morning? As far as I know he never did anything to disparage and/or embarass my university while he was here, so I wish him well.

7 Likes

Agreed. He is a class kid, it just didn’t work out the way he expected. Life happens, but he was a man about it and kept his head up and continued working with what was in front of him. I personally Hope it works out for him.

5 Likes

Especially QBs going to other schools’ pro days that include top wide receiver prospects.

1 Like

Especially in his last start with the center having at least 5 low snaps. Never saw him complaining to the center or crying to the coaches about it.

2 Likes

Had Kyle Postma not made the comeback he did against Tech, Kyle Allen would have started the following game.

I really don’t think Allen was given a chance. I think he would have done great under Briles. The offense we ran was horrible, and only a QB like Ward/King can make something happen with it.

2 Likes

Purely speculation and hindsight. I wonder how many people still haven’t realized that many other 3 star QBs put up similar high school numbers as Allen. Not sure why everyone keeps assuming he is the golden child.

3 Likes

like you said its pure speculation but:

kyle is pin point accurate . he has the arm strength and accuracy to get the ball wherever he wants to one the field… its the decision on where to put the ball that has been debated about him. almost everyone who has evaluated him in outside of games have praised him as top tier elite.

even recently, on twitter some scout went to the combine training he is currently at with the other top tier qbs (qb summit). he didnt know who kyle allen was but said he had to look up film on him because in the camp he was throwing amazing balls.

he wasnt a 5star for his stats, he was a 5star for his potential. potential that is still there

decision making is fixable with experience and proper coaching…also noting briles system is known as one of the easiest systems for qbs as there are simple routes and few reads … he would have thrived in that system

Hi Pesik. I can tell you first hand that Kyle missed a lot of throws against Arizona. He had some good touches/throws but every Coog fan was left with a huge question mark. Unfortunately he made similar mistakes as the season went on. He has a ton of potential but so far he has not come close to it. That is on him and his desire to personally succeed. That means not wanting to succeed for family or others.

He had bad throws at A&M, at Spring practice and two out of three games as a starter for the Coogs. Blame the system all you want but it takes more than being tall and having a strong arm to be a winning QB. I doubt he will have any more success than Simms in the NFL but I wish him the best of luck.

One system issue that I think KB will fix is pre-snap alignment and motion based reads to help QB and WRs.

i made a highlight reel for him and because he only played so few games, i had basically every pass he threw on a short reel in deciding what to take…
every single passs he made was where he wanted it to be…

he threw some passes that he didnt notice the DB and the db undercut the route …but if that db wasnt there it would have landed in the chest of the WR

he threw some jump ball deep passes into triple coverage. and some of them the db won, but back to my point if there werent any db, it would have hit the WRs

allen made plenty of bad decisions, especially in the tech game…but those are bad decisions
he didnt “miss” a single pass ALL season (accurately targeted at the WR)…

1 Like