Kyle Allen gonzo

he was 16-8 in the sec west as a true freshmen and sophmore (hardest division in college football)…he left a&m as the starter …he had the 4th best qb stats in the sec as a true sophmore…
he had 7ints the ENTIRE SEASON…3 of which can in 1 game vs the #1 team in the nation…4 in the remaining 10

dont be a revisionist and pretend he was horrible as an aggie

and the camp guy you are calling “an idiot” is jordan palmer, a decade long nfl veteran who has coached some of the most elite qbs in the nation the last 4 years, including deshaun watson, jarrett stidham, patrick mahomes, among many others…atleast 1 1st round for the last 3 years has exclusively trained with him…and probably 4 years (as stidham is project first round next year)

and he wasnt talking about measurements, in the link above at the 18minute mark you can listen…he said allen is as good a passer as both of them, he says with full certainty kyle will be a starter in the nfl.
no offense i trust his opinion way more than yours and its not close

your mind seems made up on this…luckily your opinion (nor mine ) matter…people who have have been around him seem to think the opposite …so cheers

Pesik is crushing it today. Haters gonna hate.

If I hear Ayers only runs a 4.7 one more time, I may shoot myself. Stop using one time when he was injured! He has verified 4.5X times and top level shuttle times. Everybody knows Bonner and Dunbar wont come close to any Ayers times.

I take it back. He was worse as an aggy. 3 Interceptions in one game? lol He didn’t even do that here. Who cares if it was against the #1 team in the country? What’s the excuse when going up against the number 1 team defense in the NFL? You don’t get a pass on week to week basis, based on the talent level you play. Second, 17/7 interceptions is nothing to be proud of.

Please don’t give Jordan Palmer credit for the development of these QBs. He got with them after college. Watson was all Morris/Dabo. What has Mahomes done in the NFL? I’m not even going to talk about Stidham. Also your information isn’t correct to begin with about Jordan Palmer, this is the guy you want coaching and sounding off on Quarterbacks?

Are you sure this wasn’t just coach speak? What’s he supposed to say? Kyle Allen can not keep the football secure?

Oh boy, you should have lead with this. I wasted my time replying. We’ll see where he get’s a UDFA deal, and how he magically fixes his repetitive mistakes against stiffer competition.

From what I heard prior to last season, Allen was planning on going pro no matter what, barring injury.

By the time UH announced the hiring of new offensive coordinator Kendal Briles on Jan. 13, Allen had already decided to leave and signed with an agent.

“It was too late at that point,” he said. He added, “I wish them all the best. I had a great time at Houston. I think I learned a ton at Houston.”

Why can’t we just leave it at that we all hope Allen is a Hall of Fame QB in the NFL and represents the Univ of Houston with pride and excellence. He is a Coog.

16 Likes

i feel the exact same way…what is gained by trashing him? …when duarte posted on twitter allen was hoping to increase his stock, a few houston fans were mocking it/him…

why???

his success only benefits us…and since he might be the only realistic draftable qb for many years for us. his success is huge for us to keep selling the nfl dream

right now there are numerous nfl qbs veterans/hall of famers who think allen can be special (kurt warner, carsen palmer, jordan palmer), as well as many elite coaches in the industry.

he chose to come here when he didnt have to (he had over a dozen p5 teams interested in him when he came) all becuase he didnt work as planned here doesnt mean he doesnt deserve our support or calling experts in the industry who support him idiots

what is gained by not showing him support…if he does make it, and he sees our fanbase didnt really support him, watch him say his high school on starting lineups and show no support our way to boost our recruiting

something keenum once said: he had to keep pushing himself not becuase of people who didnt believe in him but because of the people who did (the houston fanbase)

i choose to believe in our own…however the chips may fall

5 Likes

Twitter is something else. Have those folks really assessed his situation this past year?

How was it Allen’s fault that UH gave him that OC who not coincidentally was out of a job after the season.

One just has to go back to that Arizona gamethread and read the complaints about playcalling from the first half on as evidence enough.

6 Likes

I wish him the best. I just took a little resentment with his statement above. It was as if he was suggesting it was the program’s fault he did not succeed. It was on him. People are also still wrapped up in his 5-star rating and refuse to see that he did not produce when he was on the field. King had way less starting experience and he dwarfed KA’s numbers. That isn’t coincidental; he had the same lack luster OC and under-preforming Oline as KA. Then people compare him to Keenum? C’mon man! lol

Allen did not have a inability to run. He flat out refused to run. There were many plays where he could have done the “Russell Wilson run to the sideline” and easily have gained 10 plus yards. Running the offense last year didn’t take a “running” QB, it took a QB who knew when to run. Allen didn’t.

I also agree that Allen wasn’t in the best offense suited to his skills and that is on Applewhite and the OC.

2 Likes

He did run once in the Arizona game; happened at the goal line when he should have handed off, but it looked like Kyle was determined to get it in the endzone himself. Ended up fumbling and the Coogs recovered about 8 yards behind the line of scrimmage.

Kyle became a meme last night on the finale of The Bachelor.

6 Likes

That is hilarious!!!

LMAO this dude

Per Chronicle:
Kyle Allen- Titans & Cardinals worked him out.

#measurables

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/983483120044388352

1 Like

Keenum once had 6 INTs in one game

3 Likes

Kyle is going to get drafted just depends who wants to bet on him in what round.

https://twitter.com/dRoy/status/983495342984515584

What’s your point?

You laughed because Allen had 3 INTs vs Bama. Just showing even some great QBs have those type games

2 Likes