Kyle Allen gonzo

I’ve watched all 4 episodes already. It is pretty interesting to get insight as to how the guys prepare before the draft and combine.

That is really cool! I am excited to watch this.

Another TV show for allen. this one is “soul and science” by the nfl network…its basically sports science but without copyright infringement from espn

they released a clip with kyle allen… it measures his release and notes its way faster than the NFL average QB, and his measures make it extremely easy to get passes over the average defender

1 Like

I don’t see him being drafted; but I think he can get a look as an undrafted free agent.

2 Likes

This was sweet! I am excited for him and hope he gets a system for his skillset and ability.

1 Like

http://www.uhcougars.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/042318aaa.html

Former Houston quarterback Kyle Allen will be featured on ESPN’s Draft Academy, an eight-episode ESPN original series featuring top prospects in the upcoming 2018 NFL Draft available exclusively on ESPN+. The first six episodes are available now on ESPN+. Additional episodes will debut each Thursday through May 3.

kipers top 300 now includes kyle allen…allen now a 5th round grade for both mcshay and kiper

3 Likes

Great news!

Now very much hoping Kyle left Cullen Blvd on friendly terms. Would be great having him rep UH football throughout his pro career.

1 Like

He left on good terms and he’ll always have the “From: University of Houston” on his profile.

3 Likes

just found out allen also 5th round graded by mike mayock

its very interesting every big time scout has him 5th round (all a top 15 qb)…its the smaller ones that hate him (bleacher report/miller , nfl draft scout/dan etc…) they have him lucky to get a udfa

McShay, Kiper and Mayock have lost any credibility they had with me if they have him listed as a 5th round draft pick. The dude is very classy and seemed to be a great team player, but he cannot see coverage underneath by LBs. I watched him throw picks to LBs to the tune of getting benched in the AAC… Good luck to the NFL team that doesn’t pick that up in the film room. That being said I hope he gets drafted as that will give us more recruiting data to throw at recruits.

1 Like

Those are the guys who get a lot of their info from NFL teams though. Probably a good indicator they are the only guys who have him getting drafted.

Please list your draft expert credentials. Otherwise you have absolutely no credibility and are just pulling an uneducated opinion out of your rear end. I don’t really care for McShay or Kiper, but those guys do this for a living. Mayock is very much a creditable draft analyst.

1 Like

How good were they on their picks last night? Not too, in my opinion.

Who determines that they are draft analyst, or even experts? The title was literally created, and the jobs were filled. What’s Kiper’s title as well? The dude is hardly college educated, never played football, and now he’s a draft expert because what? The same can be said for some folks on this board, but that shouldn’t discourage people from giving their opinion. In the end, we all are wrong about something, that includes these talking heads on TV. Coogs need tougher skin in accepting the fact that some…of…our…players…are…not…that…good… He’s a great Coog, but Kyle is one of them.

You’re entitled to your opinion… as bad as it might be :rofl: .

1 Like

Yes, I am entitled to my opinion and it is that I don’t know enough about FB and grading players to be able to determine if they can play in the NFL. It just seems like a people on here and in other forums are quick to bash on Allen and his potential as an NFL player. I, for one, hope he gets drafted. Coogs getting drafted is good for the program. Crazy, right?

5 Likes

They only lose credibility if they’re wrong about where he’s drafted. That’s what they’re trying to predict.

Whatever. Best of luck to a young man who appears to have a lot of class.

4 Likes

No idea, wasn’t following it. How many guys are they off by multiple rounds on? I would say very few when looking at the whole player pool. Getting the exact pick and team is near impossible with all the factors, but they are damn good at picking the round or range of rounds guys get drafted in.

People don’t understand what these top draft analysts do. They are not scouting players, they get info on what teams think the players value is, then create a scouting report after the fact (probably done by interns nowadays). Their main job is talking to as many NFL front office people as possible to find out how teams value players. None of them have probably watched a Kyle Allen workout, or even a highlight of him. If they started saying 5th round grade, it was because NFL teams told them that. Still could be wrong or it might just be a couple teams saying that who don’t end up drafting a QB, but it has nothing to do with knowing football or scouting guys.

2 Likes