Kyle Allen - Season 3 (Traded to Washington)

He put us in position to beat Arizona on the road!

6 Likes

Allen could not thrive behind our less than steller Oline. We had to go with King. Just like we had to go with Ward before

5 Likes

We did beat AZ 19 - 17. Thanks Kyle!

6 Likes

Every week Case plays, Bill O’Brian looks more the moron
if that is possible.

8 Likes

I think Kyle always knew he was NFL-bound. It took a great deal of patience and confidence to allow that staff to erode his brand and minimize his talents while not throwing a hissy fit.

Every day that goes by that kid’s stock goes up with me.

14 Likes

https://twitter.com/American_FB/status/1159663072975474688?s=20

11 Likes

Kyle starting tonight vs Billies.

3 Likes

I with you on that Munzell. His character showed in how he handled the whole thing. A lot of guys would have pouted or left the team.

5 Likes

At the Arizona game, the balls he threw were amazing. His problems were falling receivers and bad reads. He has the tools to be a good NFL QB. He was just not a good fit in our system.

6 Likes

:eyes:
https://twitter.com/Panthers/status/1164691864139816962

4 Likes

His A&M and UH games were up and down. He seemed to make bad decisions at times. I think he threw more INTs in one game at A&M than King threw last season [or at least close]. Clean that part up and he is a good QB.

4 Likes

According to Ian Rapoport of NFL.com, Panthers general manager Marty Hurney revealed just how serious Cam Newton’s mid-foot sprain is in his left foot — he’s not even sure if he’ll even play in Week 1 against the Los Angeles Rams on Sep. 8. Hurney told Rapoport he’s “cautiously optimistic” that the veteran quarterback will play in the season opener.

Good news for Kyle staying w the Panthers as the #2.

“He came in after one series for Allen tonight, which suggests Allen was well ahead in the competition to be Newton’s backup
In a perfect world, Grier would have been competent enough to be their backup, but for now it appears that’s at least a year away.”

2 Likes

the panthers have waived QB Taylor Heinicke
which means kyle allen has a job
and looks like he may start the regular season if newton is still injured

2 Likes

Kyle with a shot to start on sunday w Cam banged up.
Cam has not looked right. Accuracy awful so far.

He is listed as the backup.

So many teams I wish Keenum was on instead of the Redskins. Keenum would kill with those weapons there. Same for Saints, Steelers, Jets, and even Jags probably better than the skins.

5 Likes

I’m glad for him. Applebomb pulled him from the Texas Tech game and he never started another game. Sending an NFL talent out to run a triple option spread he was not suited to is on the coach, not the young man.

9 Likes

Applequitter was absolutely awful as a HC. Still can’t believe how many wanted him to stay, thought he did a good job and were having a fit over firing a HC after 2 years

3 Likes

I don’t recall anyone saying, let alone having a fit, that Applewhite should stay after the bowl game.

Using Kyle Allen that way was absolutely ridiculous. Total waste of talent. Having said that, I am very happy we have D’Eriq King.

4 Likes

The talent on this roster alone should have been a reason to fire him.

That and he was having to replace both coordinators and would be on his 3rd OC and 2nd DC had he stayed showed he had no clue what a good coach was and would probably mess up the hires again.

It was time for him to go.

4 Likes