Kyle Allen - Season 3 (Traded to Washington)

Kyle Allen to start as QB in preseason game against Chicago

BY DAVID T. FOSTER III

AUGUST 06, 2019 03:31 PM

Carolina Panthers head coach announces that Kyle Allen will get the start at quarterback against Chicago. It will give the coaches an opportunity to evaluate him and the younger quarterbacks.

Read more here: https://www.charlotteobserver.com/latest-news/article233587307.html#storylink=cpy

13 Likes

Good for Kyle. He is a good young man and I wish him all the best.

11 Likes

The only time I ever rooted against the Saints was vs the Panthers in the last game of 2018.
Allen was sharp in that game w 2 TDs & a rushing TD.

5 Likes

He is a Coog. Go KA.

9 Likes

I wish he could have shown some NFL level skills here.

3 Likes

Maybe if he had a better QB coach he would have.

21 Likes

Yes, he just could not read defenses under pressure at UH.
Props to the QB coach/offensive staff of the Panthers.

4 Likes

He did set an FBS record while he was here. I blame coaching not him for any losses we had when he started.

15 Likes

No UH athletes on the Bears and only 2 kids from Texas schools (UTEP and ACU) on the roster.

Yes, Kyle is a Coog. He graduated as a Coog. His diploma sums it up. If he did not want to be a Coog he would have graduated from another School. Anybody else thinking otherwise needs to wake up.

14 Likes

I see some people woke up this morning taking stupid pills,

Kyle chose to come and unfortunately had to put up with an inept coaching staff that did not use him to his full potential, He represented this university as best he could under the circumstances,

Congrat Kyle!

20 Likes

He’s a Coog.

His success would be a positive reflection on us.

Let’s hope that he succeeds!!!

12 Likes

He is and always will be a Coog as that is what his diploma says. The problem was a square peg in a round hole. Rather than use his skills, the staff tried to force him into their system and were not flexible.

Good for him and good for us as there are more and more Coogs in the pro’s each year!

11 Likes

Wishing him all the best.

4 Likes

2 Coogs QBs starting in the NFL.

6 Likes

I guess applewhite was way over his head as a HC, and I guess he is a really inept coach

6 Likes

Agreed.

4 Likes

Part of me would have loved to see if he couldv’e held it together after getting benched in the 4th quarter against tech. Also, not sure if the system we ran was suited to his talents.

4 Likes

But you would think an “Offensive genius” would know that
??! Some Guru
Bill Obrien style

2 Likes

The staff wasted his talent and skills. I mean clearly he has to have skills to be on an nfl roster. But this staff just could not adapt build around what it had. That said KA handled himself with maturity, never whined or complained. I hope he has a long NFL career.

12 Likes